Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A8
 Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!! >

Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!!

Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Default Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!!

I went to autozone and got a free reading. They came back with...
[ul][*]Code P0442 - The PCM has determined that a small leak exists in the evap. emmisions control.[*]Code P0422, P0432- The PCM has determined that the main catalyst efficency for bank 2 is below threshold for the current engine opperating conditions. (Bank 1identifies the location of cylinder #1, while bank 2 identifies the cylinders on the opposite bank).[/ul]

I was told that code P0442 was possibly just the gas cap and it needed to be replaced. Could the other codes be a ICM? From what i've read on the forum, it seems to happen alot to our cars. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!!

I work for gm and usually when we get low efficiency codes its cause the catalytic converter is bad. as far as the small evap leak, yah the majority of the ones we get here are gas cpas either left loose after fill up or it being bad and actually leaking vapors. but dont overlook the other evaporative emissions related parts. have also found vent solenoids staying stuck open. could also be an open in a hose or line. good luck!

Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Default RE: Threw a couple codes...Need some help!!!

Whats the best way to find out. I know the converters can be expensive, so I'd rather not replace it unless I have too. Should I bring it to Audi? Thanks!