Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Transmission/differential oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Default Transmission/differential oil leak

Hello !!

I´m quite green with my A8 and now there is some smell of oil under it. I took a look
under car and both catalysators are covered with oil, super !!

Does anyone has a picture or part list, if I change ALL possible seals to differential and
gearbox at one time? Part numbers or sizes on seals are good enoughtoo. My car is A8 Quattro,
ABZ-engine and with 4-speed automatic transmission.

Why I want to change all seals? Well, two month ago, I change my timing belt. Everything
goes well, till one weeks has gone. Oli pump seal start leaking oil. So I change it. One
week later, crankchaft seal start leaking oil. So my blood pressure raise up and I change
all sealsfront of engine. In fackt, I installed TWO seals to every place, insted of normal
one seal (believe, there is a lotof space to install two). And I expected to see never oil out
of engine again. And what happened... three weeks after, oil again. This time oil is from
gearbox or differential.

So, if You have links, pictures, part numbers or sizes of the seals, I´m moore than
happy to get information.

And if You need sizes of engine front seals, I can give them to You.

Thanks for Your time.

/pete