Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Audi q7 engine trouble, audi usa &audi raleigh liars and cheats! !

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi q7 engine trouble, audi usa &audi raleigh liars and cheats! !

My family has been vw group customers for 20 years in the last 10 bought multiple audis, only to come to find out that this company, audi usa along with leith audi akaudi raleigh cheat and lie their customers.
Here is the issue with the q7:
We have the 4.2 v8, it was supposed to be a solid car. It qas a terrific car just the engine quality was a joke. Ever since we had bought it it had a check engine light pop on and each time the dealer said it was nothing just bad gas. We had it analyzed multiple times, each time othing. Then the day came our lease ended and we refinanced the car under the belief all was well. Immediately after that, we brought the car in again for check engine and suddenly it wasn't gas anymore. They replaced the high pressure pumps, replaced many parts around the intake manifold, had to clan all the cylinders and the intake bc it kept being flooded. Also within 10000 miles we had to replace spark plugs bc they had become so fouled that our engine would have taken damage from each time driving if they hadn't been replaced. This was on 3 different visits within 10000 miles. Then the car still wouldn't drive well. It kept shaking like a washing machine at idle and when accelerating there was a massive power loss to the point we almost got stranded going across interdections. So we decided to contact audi usa in the hopes for assistance. At first they seemed alright, we sent the car to a different dealership bc audi raleigh had lied so often that we didn't trust them. They worked very well at Virginia beach and told us that after intensive cleaning and replacing multiple parts, itd be okay. So we paid for all of it, s i nce audi usa was just guiding them. So the light came back on and we brought it back. Audi usa said theyd cover the analysis cost this time. We said thank you. So the daler found cylinders 5,6,7,8 to be firing around 170 psi instead of 220. The next step was to take the entire engine apart to find a solution. At this point audi usa immediately broke off contact and claimed they could no longer help us. After fighting with them they said theyd give us $1000 towards a enw car and basically warded us off with irrelevant messages every time we contacted them. The funny part was we did try to buy a new audi but got denied, not by the bank but by udi. What a joke, what liars.
Now we finally found the issue after we had informed the dealwr to take the engine apart. But instead they tried selling us different pieces like a new intake manifold and new high pressure pumps totaling $4600. Then say the car is fine and immediately retract their staement bc it wasn't. Nothing had changed so they took the engine apart and found a plastic piece by the belt had gotten lose broken and shifted upward, completely resetting the entire engines timing. Now they want $8000 more of which over $4000 are labor. After refusing to pay they threatened us telling us they would purposely put broken parts into the engine and our broken manifold so that we couldn't get far! Now this is what i call service! Great people at audi raleigh and audi usa!
I have pictures to prove everything, even an engineer at audi raleigh on tape explaining how rare the issue is, that he had to call the engineers in Germany who built the car and that this issue shouldn't occur on a q7

Old 03-25-2014, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for the spelling errors. But we had 2 sets of spark plugs put in within 10000 miles

Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

wow... another example of build quality again... I still regret the day I sold my old 95 A6 Avant with the 12 valve engine. Seems like everything Audi/VW sold after 1996-1997 is a pathetic joke and an excuse of a "well sorter out car" I remember taking me less than 2 hours do to a timing belt and water pump in my old A6 b/c I didn't have to remove half the car to begin with... I still own the B6 1.8T which I got a few years ago, but man... those cars a just a joke... I see more and more often people complaining about new Audis and VWs all day long. Seems like all of their engines are just build to be junked by the time they are ready for the first timing belt water pump replacement. Seems like about the only thing that is made out of metal anymore on those engines are the heads and blocks... everything else is plastic. I mean come on... my 2000 Nissan Maxima still has the original water pump at 213,XXX miles and its just fine. I also own 2 Corollas, a 96 and a 98, both have well over 250,000 miles and the only thing I have done to the engines are just tune ups and oil changes, and valve cover gasket which it takes less than 20 min to do so...
Sad to hear that German cars are just not build as they used to be anymore. I have friend who has a 85 or 86 I am not quite sure, Audi 5000 with the 5 cylinder turbo engine and the car runs just fine after almost 200,000 miles, you open the hood all you see is metal, metal and more metal and less that few little plastic pieces in the engine bay which are not related to the engine what so ever.
Sorry to hear about you experience with the Audi stealerships, but somehow those Audi assumes that if you buy a $50,000+ car then some "minor" repairs at $5000 to $10,000 span are "normal"
If I were you I just part with that car and all its problems, there are plenty of other luxury SUVs out there made in Japan that are 100 times more reliable and well build. One of my old professors from the college I went is still driving her 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser, it has well over 200,000 miles and the only "major repair" she did to it was to replace an exhaust shield which came lose rattled a little but too much. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the Q7 looks and I really wanted to get one with the TDI engine, but after reading more and more about catastrophic failures with those things, I really don't want to buy me a bag full of problems and headaches.