Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

Well let me start from the begining, first i have an audi tt 2000, 1/8 fwd, with 63k miles on it, the timming belt has been change at 60k, well first, my car had a bad coil i took it to the shop they changed it, after one month i started getting errors wicher were misfire on all my cylinders, i went to audi and got those changed, my car ran good for 1 week,the the sputering started, and misfire, also a bad smell from the exshaust, the error read cylinder mis fire again, i had that changed again, drove the car for 2 days, then my car just died on the way home, i couldant start it, it felt like ot wanted to but no turn, i kept on getting an ecm and engine error flashing on my cluster realy fast, and a akward ticking sount in the front bay with the ignition when switched to on, so i had the car towed to the audi dealership, they checked all the fuses, and nothing they check the fuel relay and nothing, so they checked the computer and they told me it seemed fine, so the audi mechanic from the dealer is telling me they cant figure this out, they will need to run more tests, wich he stated will run me over 2thousand dollars, that is just ubsured, wow, im not made out of money, any noe out here in the forums might have a clue what this emalfunction is, iam really in desprate need, many thansks for the responses to come. [align=right][/align]

Old 09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

bad coil pack harnes and/or a bad valve cover gasket would be a good place to start.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
3rd Gear

have the dumb *** tech remove the upper timing belt cover and see if there is play with the timing belt. or do a compression test....non of these will cost more than $100 or it could be just a bad fuel pump. unlikey but this sounds like the timing belt. i know you said it was changed but maybe they didnt replace all the parts...esp the water pump

Old 09-22-2007, 04:01 PM
5th Gear

Don't be discouraged by the audi tech not knowing anything. thats the norm.