General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

Well let me start from the begining, first i have an audi tt 2000, 1/8 fwd, with 63k miles on it, the timming belt has been change at 60k, well first, my car had a bad coil i took it to the shop they changed it, after one month i started getting errors wicher were misfire on all my cylinders, i went to audi and got those changed, my car ran good for 1 week,the the sputering started, and misfire, also a bad smell from the exshaust, the error read cylinder mis fire again, i had that changed again, drove the car for 2 days, then my car just died on the way home, i couldant start it, it felt like ot wanted to but no turn, i kept on getting an ecm and engine error flashing on my cluster realy fast, and a akward ticking sount in the front bay with the ignition when switched to on, so i had the car towed to the audi dealership, they checked all the fuses, and nothing they check the fuel relay and nothing, so they checked the computer and they told me it seemed fine, so the audi mechanic from the dealer is telling me they cant figure this out, they will need to run more tests, wich he stated will run me over 2thousand dollars, that is just ubsured, wow, im not made out of money, any noe out here in the forums might have a clue what this emalfunction is, iam really in desprate need, many thansks for the responses to come.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: AUDI TECH IS STUMPED?

Two thousand dollars!!!!!!!?????? To diagnose it? Thats rediculous, report that dumb *** shop, that would be 18 hours of diag time, BS.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

i did report that to my adviser, and he stated due to the sircumstances, i was outraged, i realy dont know what to do, my car does not move, and i would have to get the tow truck to bring it back to my house, man iam realy regreting buying this car.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Site Moderator

What you need to do is complain to audi of north america, they will get the TFM (technical field manager) out there to diagnose it because he isn't payed flat rate. Those guys can diagnose anything, plus they are trained by german engineers which means they know things that WE don't.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

help guys, iam realy giving up, im so close to posting my car for sale, i really need some seriouse tech help.