Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Central Locking Unit - Window Problem

Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Default Central Locking Unit - Window Problem

Hello and I do apologize up front for being a moron.

Basically bought this 2001 Audi TT Quattro Convertible, used and the back glass of the top was leaking...(i found out during a rain storm..far too late) Anyways, My keyless entry stopped working, the alarm wouldn't set, and the trunk won't open, the windows refuse to go all the way up, I can't access any of my internal compartments except the glove box, and my convertible top (which has been replaced) won't go up or down automatically anymore.

I've taken out the Central Locking Unit (P/N: 8N7962267A) And noticed lots of corrosion at the bottom of this board. So, I am going to purchase a new one, the Stealership tells me it has to be programmed, so I need to order it from them ($400 for parts/ $275 for labor) Despite finding it for $120 cheaper online, does this part really need to be programmed? Also, will this part fix ALL of the problems i'm experiencing..or should I be investigating a new part? I have pics of the problems if anyone cares to see exactly what it's doing.

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me out!

Steve

Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM

Wow. I hope someone here can be of some assistance to you.

Last edited by audimech; 02-03-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
5th Gear

I have no experience with the Roadsters, but I doubt you NEED to go thru the dealer, or worst case, you buy the part online, install it, and then just have them do the programming to cut down on labor costs.
If it requires anything more involved than cycling things thru their movements (windows up/down, etc) I would expect you could get somewhere using a vag-com cable (aka, VCDS now).

www.ross-tech.com would be the manufacturers of the cable, and they do have a forum and a FAQ. No doubt you'll be able to find out if you're capable of programming it w/o the assistance of the dealership. Its generally not too hard to get someone with a cable to plug in for you as long as you don't live in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Your cause might be different than mine (a short i believe) but i had somewhat similar issues. Check fuse 14, least thats what it is in my 02 225q.

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=120119

Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 PM
2nd Gear

"locking" kinda infers that it may require programming to with with the key. Are you sure that's the problem though? Try to clean the board with flux remover (pure alchoal-find it by the soldering supplys).

Old 02-04-2009, 12:12 AM

Oh the board...i'm amazed even allows my car to crank (because it won't crank if the board is not in place) It is literally destroyed..the bottom half of the board apparently got water inside the cover, and just stayed there and basically ate away the bottom. I was going to try to clean it myself but it's just so far gone. For some reason, I seem to think I need a comfort control module or something but have yet to figure out anything, or any place that part could be. (The interior lights don't work either)

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Well for anyone who might need the help, who runs into the same problems I have, I just got quoted $533 to change the Timing belt and water pump on Friday, and on Tuesday i'm having the Central Locking Unit which is also known as the Comfort Control Module replaced by the dealership, and at the same time i'm going to have them replace my instrument cluster for $829.54 parts and $200 labor....I can't help but feel i'm getting ripped off, but Im ordering a vag cable so that I can try to stay on top of these things. I'll post back and let you know if all this works.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by likeableguy
I just got quoted $533 to change the Timing belt and water pump on Friday,
That cant be from the dealer, too cheap lol. Local place? Are you providing parts?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 AM

Dealer told me $1300, so I made some calls and called Firestone, they told me $533 for both parts and labor...dropped the car off about 10 minutes ago.

Looking at the Invoice they are charging $103 for the timing belt, $125 for the water pump, and $272 for labor, I'm having second thoughts now about maybe I should have asked more questions as to why it was so cheap, but my car just hit 70k miles and I knew it was time to get it replaced

Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 PM

Just an update on my situation:

Spent $679 at Firestone for Timing belt/Water pump/Brake flush
Spent $1400 on ordering new Cluster and CCM
Spent $475 to have both installed

Had the Dealership replace the Comfort Control Module A.K.A Central Locking Unit

It fixed:

-Convertible Top now goes up and down automatically
-Gas and Trunk can now open from inside the car and Trunk from Key
-Door Locks now properly work and arm the car
-Fob and Valet keys are now programmed again
-Windows now roll ALL the way up
-Car dings when key is left in it and door opens
-Map lights now work
-Brake light is now off and only comes on when E-Brake is up

Had the Dealership replace the Instrument Cluster as well

It fixed:

-All the LED's in the center are perfect
-Gas gauge now works properly

Firestone replaced Timing belt and Water Pump, the Water pump crumbled as it came out..so we basically tried to CSI reconstruct all the pieces to make sure we got all of the plastic out and it didn't get sucked up somewhere. I hope this will help anyone experiencing problems like mine. I'm an idiot and it took me damn near a year to figure out what was wrong. Everything is now working properly as it should and I'm happy...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Central Locking Unit - Window Problem