Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Central Locking Unit - Window Problem

Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Module

The Central Locking Control Module that I bought works great. The guys over there were pretty good. All problems have been fixed including gas cover, trunk, convertible top, windows and door locks. I will need to take it to the dealer to reprogram the remote, but that seems to be the only problem at the moment. I fixed the leak in the convertible and found yet antother leak last night. I guess I know what to do this weekend, put the top down!

Old 04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nozes
I gotta find a comfort control module for my audi tt 2001 convertible....I have no interior lights, no power windows, trunk, gas, remote keys and etc....after 50 hours of research it looks like a new to find this ccm, see if I can clean up, if not replace it right?? where can I buy for cheap....dealers will reap me off!!! thanks guys!!!!
I got mine off ebay. Paid ~300 for it. Figured out my other problem... Had a blown fuse. Replaced it and it is fixed.

The only other thing wrong now is that the other day my car quit detecting when I open and close my doors. It doesn't ding if the lights are left on and it doesn't lower the windows a bit when I open and close the door (convertible). It also doesn't turn on the dome lights when I open/close the door. However, it does if I lock/unlock the car.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Hi.... sorry i did not read your post earlier. i had the same problems with my board. The window leaked and water went in the board. It's apparently a classic.... that's why Audi made holes at the bottom so that water can evacuate if it's not clogged up. It does not need any programing for everything to work back to normal. I had a problem with my cd as well... i cleaned the board and now works fine...used to read error 3. just keep an eye on it.. and i recommend anyone who owns a tt convertible to clean your pc boards occasionally...

Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem on my roadster, does anyone know the part#, also
I'm not sure how to remove it, difficult to get in there? It looks like there are 2 modules in there.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

It indeed is a pain to get too. I used a few extension and eventually got it. I believe I only had one in there. Three bolts hold it on.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

Any idea what size the bolts are, 10mm, 12mm ?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

I'm not sure. i do know it's the same as the one on the bottom, which is more accessible. My guess is is's a 10mm..

Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by srod2222
I'm not sure. i do know it's the same as the one on the bottom, which is more accessible. My guess is is's a 10mm..
Ok. I'll try 10, I have a bad back and I'm trying to minimize the time I'll spend huntched over in there, its starting to hurt just thinking about it. I do see 2 units in there, one closest to the seat and a DB25 serial connector, and a black one colse to the trunk, I'm guessing its that one.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 PM
1st Gear
Default This thread is over 2 years old.

I had the same problem. My rear window leaked and destroyed my circuit board.

The dealer suggested I contact my insurance company. They covered the entire repair under my comprehensive coverage.

That good advice saved my $810.00 !!!!!

Now, how much should a new top cost?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by stuck amals
I had the same problem. My rear window leaked and destroyed my circuit board.

The dealer suggested I contact my insurance company. They covered the entire repair under my comprehensive coverage.

That good advice saved my $810.00 !!!!!

Now, how much should a new top cost?
Cheapest I've found in my area is $1500. I did find a guy who would sew in a soft windows for $500, but I tried to repair the window with some gorilla glue myself... and well, I now need a new top!

-TTrav

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Central Locking Unit - Window Problem