Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Central Locking Unit - Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 AM
1st Gear
Default me too! but...

I had the exact problem with my Central Locking Unit. I pulled it out and saw water damage on the board. My back window had started to come unglued, and the rain got in as well.

Had some questions, what is supposed to be in front (towards the front of the car) of the Central Locking Unit? I saw what looked like an old Printer Serial Cable and what looked like a coax cable?

Nothing was there, is that supposed to be where an alarm system goes? If so, anyone have a part number?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Maybe it is for a after market alarm?

Last edited by TTravis; 04-03-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Same problem

I am having the exact same problem, instrument panel and all. I am buying the CLCM soon and was wondering if they had to actually program the box? I am glad to here it fixed all of the problems.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Default cental locking unit

Hello everyone
i have a tt 01 and this is my problem; the alarm does not work... the interior lights do not function as well as the hatch buttons for the gas and trunk... and the windows do not go up or down.
I called several dealers and audi hotline.. many told me it could be the convience control module also known as the central locking unit. No one new where it was. i finally found it after dismantaling the car apart ... under the conv. roof compartiment passenger side.
i took it apart and discovered some corrosion on the bottom part of the pc card. cleaned it but still nothing works.
maybe thats not it so checked again the fuses in the fuse box and all are well. i do not mind ordering a new one but the problem is recoding it. I live on an island where many mech have a hard time reading and reading a computer is even harder.
Does anyone have the codes and which computer is best to read and reprogram the unit if i get a new one. Unless anyone has an idea of something else that would be wrong besides the module.
Thanks for any replies...
Oliver

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like the module. I found a rebuilt for $295.00 and guranteed for a year. I have not ordered it yet, but will let you know how it goes in the next few week.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhinoolivier
Hello everyone
i have a tt 01 and this is my problem; the alarm does not work... the interior lights do not function as well as the hatch buttons for the gas and trunk... and the windows do not go up or down.
I called several dealers and audi hotline.. many told me it could be the convience control module also known as the central locking unit. No one new where it was. i finally found it after dismantaling the car apart ... under the conv. roof compartiment passenger side.
i took it apart and discovered some corrosion on the bottom part of the pc card. cleaned it but still nothing works.
maybe thats not it so checked again the fuses in the fuse box and all are well. i do not mind ordering a new one but the problem is recoding it. I live on an island where many mech have a hard time reading and reading a computer is even harder.
Does anyone have the codes and which computer is best to read and reprogram the unit if i get a new one. Unless anyone has an idea of something else that would be wrong besides the module.
Thanks for any replies...
Oliver
I ordered a replacement 'Central Locking Unit' (also called Convenience Control Unit) and it fixed everything! No programing was neccesary, just stuck it in and everything worked... Well, almost everything. I need a second key so I can do the programming for my keyless entry.

The only other thing that isn't fully working is the windows. They roll up for a few seconds and then quit. I can continue rolling them up or down for only another second or two if I open or close the door. Any thoughts?

Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TTravis
I ordered a replacement 'Central Locking Unit' (also called Convenience Control Unit) and it fixed everything! No programing was neccesary, just stuck it in and everything worked... Well, almost everything. I need a second key so I can do the programming for my keyless entry.

The only other thing that isn't fully working is the windows. They roll up for a few seconds and then quit. I can continue rolling them up or down for only another second or two if I open or close the door. Any thoughts?
I thought I should add that I tried to repair my old central locking unit by bypassing the damaged parts of the board. I had my windows working until I started screwing around with the board ... trying to repair it... then they quit working... Then I got the new unit and now they only partially work (like mentioned above).

Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 AM

where did you find this???

Thanks!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:22 AM

I gotta find a comfort control module for my audi tt 2001 convertible....I have no interior lights, no power windows, trunk, gas, remote keys and etc....after 50 hours of research it looks like a new to find this ccm, see if I can clean up, if not replace it right?? where can I buy for cheap....dealers will reap me off!!! thanks guys!!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

I found it on www.autoecms.com paid $295 plus $100 core and $15 for shipping. Ordered it on Sunday and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it works on Wednesday.

Quick Reply: Central Locking Unit - Window Problem