Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Cooling Fan(s) not working, help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Thanks for the link.

Thank you for the link. There are actually pictures farther down the thread. They are for a VW but it seems similar to my TT. The procedure is what I thought but it is nice to know someone has done it and there are no surprises like needing to remove something else to get the fans out.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dkmorley
Thank you for the link. There are actually pictures farther down the thread. They are for a VW but it seems similar to my TT. The procedure is what I thought but it is nice to know someone has done it and there are no surprises like needing to remove something else to get the fans out.
as we know there is always a special tool LOL

have a good Holiday.......

need anything just let me know........

not on here much

your WhanAB

Old 08-28-2016, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

I have a similar but different situation with my 2002 Audi TT. I have had the fuse on top of the battery go out twice in the last six months, and the first time when I replaced it, it worked fine. But now, even though I replaced the fuse I am having a bad overheating issue. I don't know if the primary fan is supposed to come on while the car runs, but now the primary fan only comes on with the secondary when the AC is turned on. It still does not stop the car from overheating but now makes it immobile for long periods of time. I know that before all this happened I did have issues with the AC blowing warm in short spurts and then goes away, so I recharged the freon and still the same problem. I am completely lost. Can anyone help?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mannygonzo87
I have a similar but different situation with my 2002 Audi TT. I have had the fuse on top of the battery go out twice in the last six months, and the first time when I replaced it, it worked fine. But now, even though I replaced the fuse I am having a bad overheating issue. I don't know if the primary fan is supposed to come on while the car runs, but now the primary fan only comes on with the secondary when the AC is turned on. It still does not stop the car from overheating but now makes it immobile for long periods of time. I know that before all this happened I did have issues with the AC blowing warm in short spurts and then goes away, so I recharged the freon and still the same problem. I am completely lost. Can anyone help?
replace the radiator fan switch should be under or at the bottom drivers side of radiator......

Yours, Brett of WhanAB

Old 08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

So I don't need to replace the cooling fan control module?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mannygonzo87
So I don't need to replace the cooling fan control module?
the fans are still coming on you said.... the main fan is not coming on till the backup comes on

so the main fan still works and the radiator fan switch works that fan

on these cars everything is a guess LOL that is my best guess

recently my air did not work and it was 4 problems had to fix to get it to work all electrical and NO I did not do it but a friend that has done electrical schematics for 20 years did and he was not happy LOL paid out my but LOL ..........

WhanAB well sell everything TT Audi/VW

lots of pic's here . https://www.flickr.com/photos/whanabinnovativedp/

WhanAB Innovative Auto Design Parts - #3333FF