Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Oh My God.. My Alternator died AGAIN!@#%@!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Oh My God.. My Alternator died AGAIN!@#%@!

I still have not heard a thing from the insurance company regarding my claim other than an automated response.

Today I went out to the car (still in my driveway) and it friggin started! wtf...
I was able to measure a few things since i was actually able to start the car finally. There was no voltage on the chassis (well there was like 3 millivolts DC, but thats pretty negligable. Probably just static electricity from friciton of moving parts) but the power coming off the Alternator was 7.75v DC; obviously not enough for the car to function properly.

I've sent a ton of emails to the insurance company and hopefully I'll get word tomorrow whether or not they'll bless off on the repair shop I picked (there's really only two options in Korea for audi places. Audi Dealer, and this Audi Specialty shop nearby)

This repair alone may not be fully covered by the insurance... but the accident that caused the oil dipstick to break originally that saturated the first alternator in oil also caused some damage to the bumper, front left wheel, and left quarter panel. I originally didnt worry much about the body damage as I was just going to replace the parts with an aftermarket bumper anyway so I didnt worry about it. But now that the problem persists and I have no foreseeable fix in the near future so far... I will let the insurance company take care of it.

I really wish i had some clue as to what was causing these problems. -sigh-