Oil-Pan Removal Problems! - Page 2 - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi TT
 Oil-Pan Removal Problems! >

Oil-Pan Removal Problems!

Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Oil-Pan Removal Problems!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Oil-Pan Removal Problems!

Hey, you're welcome for the neato help, anytime. It's hard for me to conceive of not being able to determine a bolt size; if you have a set of metric sockets, how is this possible? Not to be to hard on you, but hey, inch sockets on a non-American car? There are some sizes that are really close (14mm = 9/16, for example), but if you're going to work on your car, you've got to get yourself a set of metric tools. Run on down to Sears & get some Craftsman sets; lifetime guarantee, not too expensive.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Yeah, I know, I'm a dumb-***...

Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Site Moderator

Its only a 10mm socket to remove all the bolts, plus a 5mm all socket to get the two bolts by the transmission. Hit that bitch with a mallet and it will fall off.
Tightening torques

Component

ft lb
Nm

Oil pan to cylinder block

Oil pan to transmission

Note[/align]

t
When installing the oil pan with the engine out of the vehicle, ensure that the oil pan is flush with the cylinder block at the flywheel end.

t
After installing the oil pan, wait for about 30 minutes for the sealant to dry before putting in engine oil.

Installing
Note[/align]

The oil pan must be installed within 5 minutes after applying the silicone sealant D 176 404 A2.

Cut off nozzle on tube at front marking (nozzle diameter approx. 3 mm).

Thickness of sealant bead: 2-3 mm
Note[/align]

The bead of sealant must not be thicker than 3 mm, otherwise excess sealant will enter the oil pan and obstruct the strainer in the oil intake line.

Apply silicone sealant to clean sealing surface on oil pan as illustrated. Illustration shows position of sealant bead on cylinder block.
Note[/align]

Apply sealant bead with particular care around rear sealing flange (arrows).

Install oil pan immediately and bolt to cylinder block. Start by tightening all bolts by hand.

Tighten 3 bolts securing oil pan to transmission.

Tighten bolts securing oil pan to cylinder block in two stages in diagonal sequence.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Site Moderator

Oops, fu**ed the pics up, here ya go. Make sure you get all the silicone off like in pic one or your gonna have one hell of a leak.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

I have an 06 a4 2.0t I'm having trouble getting the oil pan to separate from the block I've removed all bolts and everything is clear of the oil pan if u have any tips or if there is something I'm missing please let me know thank u

Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Avk 3.0 upper

Anyone got tips on the removal procedure for an AVK 3.0? I've got the 19bolts for the lower off. I need to remove the upper and it seems I'm obstructed by the oil pump. What's the best way to remove the upper ? Thanks