Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT audio, concert w/ 6 disc changer dead

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 PM
1st Gear
Default TT audio, concert w/ 6 disc changer dead

Hello all, shoutout to the Audi audiophiles out there. Recent resurrection process, found the 6 disc unit dead
due to water. Unplugged and removed, and the in dash single CD stopped working (it had been before).
Unit had XM radio wired in, if that is relevant.
Plans were to add aux/usb/Bluetooth to the unit, but would like to retain the single disc. Is the internal CD connected
to the 6 disc changer? Removing the changer breaks the chain? Curious, as most changers can be eliminated without
affecting the head unit.
Opinions?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:17 AM
1st Gear

Pulled the changer, chucked it. Now I have enough room for a half a pound of weed AND the first aid kit in the cubby hole.... Radio out, single CD dead.
Bought a Concert II radio 'for parts' on Ebay, had clean buttons. Split both radios open.
Changed the CD unit to the original radio, split the front cover and exchanged all the worn buttons for the good ones off the parts unit.
Found an audio interface for $30 that drives usb and aux plug through the changer plug. USB plug mounted in space between the trunk and
gas cap release, aux plug stored in cubby behind. All functions work good, shove a stick loaded with Phish in and rip.
I looked at aftermarket radios, couldn't find one that didn't have flashy light alien **** and allowed the lid to close while playing. Glad I stuck
with the original setup. Bose system sounds better than expected!