B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

AUDI A4 99 HELP!! My temperature gauge, AC and Rear WindoDefrost don't work anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Exclamation AUDI A4 99 HELP!! My temperature gauge, AC and Rear WindoDefrost don't work anymore!

I hope someone can help me. I have a 99 A4 (4 cyl), and my TEMPERATURE GAUGE on the dash does not display anymore, my AC comes on but does not cool, and my REAR WINDOW DEFROST does not work anymore. Here is the history:
1. A few weeks ago I noticed that my TEMPERATURE GAUGE on the dash would come on and off. When it was off, I also noticed that the AC would not blow any cold air. It was not until the TEMPERATURE GAUGE came back on that I noticed that the cold air would them come from the AC. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I NOTICED THE LINK BETWEEN THE 2.
2. Last Sunday I did a 3 1/2 hour drive and noticed that the TEMPERATURE GAUGE did not come on until 30 minutes into the drive. When I arrived at my location I noticed that my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on, and that my temperature gauge was once again off. I went to Auto Zone, used the gadget to ID the problem code, and it came up with the P1136 code- Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering. The guy at the store said it was a generic code and could be anything.
3. For the past week I have noticed that the TEMPERATURE GAUGE has not come on again, making me think that the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on due to that malfunction. At that time I also noticed that my REAR WINDOW DEFROST was not coming on.
4. So at this time I am thinking that the circuit or sensor that supports the TEMPERATURE GAUGE, AC, AND REAR DEFROST are all tied in, and are all affected by this problem.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS??

REMSO