B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

B5 Audi a4 front seat removal??? HELP!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM
1st Gear
Default B5 Audi a4 front seat removal??? HELP!!!

So I'm running some wiring to fix the stereo. I have to move the carpet and I can't get the seats out. I pulled the rear no problem. I got the 2 runner stops on the back of the front seats. I'm having trouble finding the "pin" all the guides are referring to in the front of the seat. Is it the runner/slider handle pin?(the one you pull to slide the seat forward/backward) Youtube doesn't have any guides and I haven't been able to find any pics. Help!!! It needs to be back together by Monday and I wanna get this harness in tomorrow.

Thanks
Aaron S.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

Today's your lucky day. I have these images saved from a service manual that I found somehow years ago, which I stumbled across when I was trying to replace my front seat upholstery. (Which I managed to do after a lot of pain.) I don't even remember how I found it but I do happen to still have these images.

Looking at this again, I seem to recall that dealing with those pins was a pain for some reason. I can't remember if it was taking them out or putting them back in, but I remember having to fiddle with the spring mechanism for a long time to make it all work. Overall I recall that getting the seat out and back in was a massive pain and involved some razor-thin space margins.

Also you're "supposed" to hook up a special part to the airbag connector when the seat is out so that the in-seat airbags don't accidentally discharge. I actually bought that part for $20 online and still have it, but since you want to do it tomorrow I wouldn't be able to loan it to you so you'll just have to risk going without it. I think you're supposed to disconnect the battery as well before disconnecting the seat. (As usual, make sure that you have the radio code if you do.)

Good luck!

seat removal:

airbag, etc. connections:

seat lubrication locations:

Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Thanks

This is exactly what I needed.

You should see the car...trims out, seats out, carpet pulled back. Rear seats out back deck panel off, lower part of the dash out, and I have the stereo harness out up to the back speakers.

My garage looks like a chop shop....what a pain in the ***!!!!!

Now hopefully it all goes back together.