B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Chipped, questions on what I'm doing next

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Chipped, questions on what I'm doing next

i have a forge 007p DV and i love it, its not loud, but you can hear it. for exhaust, there are plenty of options, and most of them you can hear on youtube, the link in my sig is of my cat back straigt pipes, it is loud and obnxious though. and for a FMIC, the e-bay kits work fine and i had no problems fitting it. the hardest part is mounting the core. also, i wouldnt reccomend a totally pre-fabed kit off ebay cause i got really small piping w/ my kit, others have ordered off ebay where you can choose the size of your piping, and all the bends you want. i forget the bends you need but theres info about it on here.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

i friggen love my setup. it sounds exactly they way i visualized it and i couldnt ask for anything else. it doesnt sound ricey or anything of that sort, just like a beefy audi, you know what i mean. the evoms intake, and dv make a very nice puff sound when i step off the the gas and the exhaust is amazing.

i would get these in this order:

starmosphere dv then an intake and then exhaust.

techtonics are cheaper than most of the big name exhausts and it sounds great.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

I got a chip like 2 weeks ago and I have been needing a DV and been wanting to do a few other things

DV: I need a DV, I'd like one that makes a little more sound then stock, but I don't want anything loud and obvious, which should I choose?

Intake: I hear I don't need a cold air intake, so should I just get a regular KN air filter? any sizes or part numbers to reccomend?

Exhaust: I'm thinking ofa Borla exhuast, there is a shop nearby that can get one in for 750$CAN for full catback, does this sound good? I want an exhuast that isn't extra loud or anything. I want something classy. Does this sound good?

Snub mount: Is it worth it with just a chip?

Also, I have a big scratch on my trunk (from previous owner) and a dull spot on the paint where old dealer stickers used to be, can a auto detail shop fix this?

edit: Also, I would like an FMIC, I wanted a kit that fits with all pipes, but they all seem to be like 1000$, there is the 150$ fmic on diy, but I would like the correct fitting pipes, is there anything in between?

Thanks,
Glen

< Message edited by dr_zoidberg -- 3/24/2008 8:52:43 PM >
Where you getting the work done, Im getting my a4 fully modded next wednesday in burlington

Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the responses, sorry for te late reply (jet lagged and then back to work) so I've been sleeping a lot

As for the DV I think I'm gonna go with the forge 007p

For the KN air filter, can we use a cone or do we need the rectangle thing KN (Also, my room mate bought a 2.5inch diameter KN cone filter, sold his old car before using it) will a 2.5 inch diameter work, it's free, but I'd pay for a new one to get a perfect fit?

to pimphell: yes that Godspeed FMIC is exactly what I want, so long as I can fit my bumper over it without any major work or welding as I'm doing it myself.

sakuraba: I'm gonna do the work myself (well... try anyways), but I haven't even ordered parts yet, I'm just finalizing what first

NOW THE BIG QUESTION(S).... What to do about the exhaust. I want quiet and classy and I want a turbo back if it's worth it for power/response?
Could I install a turbo back exhaust myself (no welding), how much additional power/response will I get over a catback, what are the brand options for this? ATP? Can I buy a Borla Exhaust and just buy the extra pipe from the turbo as Borla was my leading choice until you guys mentioned turbo back as a good option?

Thanks,
Glen

Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm make believe

Can someone PLEASE tell me why this guy always gives the worst answers/advise?!?

ORIGINAL: pimphell

Cold air intakes=Better performance, got intake?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 AM

Lol, everybody knows an intake gives you 450hp..
I thought a splitter would satisfy me but now I want a full bov.. so make sure you know that it will be very very quiet, especially if its just a dv. How come people dont build custom exhausts around here? Im going for a full 3" custom exhaust with a magnaflow muffler this summer

Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Can someone PLEASE tell me why this guy always gives the worst answers/advise?!?

ORIGINAL: pimphell

Cold air intakes=Better performance, got intake?
cause he is a d-bag.......... i wanna say something, but am afraid i will get reprimanded again[8D]

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm make believe

OK, just making sure that i wasnt the only one on that one.