B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

diode mod:who's running it

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: diode mod:who's running it

ORIGINAL: Leifer

I wouldn't mind a couple more pounds of boost.

So wait, what's the diode mod relative to an E/MBC? If they're not the same thing...
It just stops the voltage from increasing past 4.3v which is 11psi for the ecu. That lets you increase the boost above 1bar so you dont hit limp. You need the mbc to increase the boost

Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Bondga

the diode wont be able to prodeuce the hp numbers as the chip because the chip raises the rev limiter which produce more hp (not just cause the rev limiter is higher but it's an effect of it)
come again? Increasing the revs from 6800 to 7200 has nothing to do with power. Not to mention in that 400rpms, the car loses atleast 15whp and more than that in tq. The reason it makes more power is due to the better timing curve. You can mimick with lemmi but not exactly. But like i said, you can get it rather close with lemmi and a diode. All it takes is a little bit of work

Old 02-21-2008, 12:21 AM

more torque at higher rpms = more HP..... so yeah you lose a good bit of torque as you near the top but you also hold it to a higher rpm which creates more hp

hp = (torque*RPM)/5252

c'mon cincy you should know this

Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm make believe

That has nothing to do with what you said before.

The only way they pushed the peak tq out is by it taking a few more rpms to spike, not really tuning the peak tq without changing hardware on a turbo that spools just thinking about it.

And i do know, im the one that told you

Old 02-21-2008, 12:38 AM

well one.... you deff didnt tell me that formula...

two... you can adjust the fueling, timing, and boost to control the torque curve and move the peak torque back. just cause the turbo is running out of breath at high rpms dosn't mean that the motor is.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:53 AM

Bondga, look at every dyno chart ever printed, with a horsepower/torque vs RPM plot.

Nuff said.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

Bondga, look at every dyno chart ever printed, with a horsepower/torque vs RPM plot.

Nuff said.
was there a point to waht you just said

Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 AM

You said raising the rev limiter increases horsepower. I say you're wrong.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Bondga

well one.... you deff didnt tell me that formula...

two... you can adjust the fueling, timing, and boost to control the torque curve and move the peak torque back. just cause the turbo is running out of breath at high rpms dosn't mean that the motor is.
Good luck trying to push the ko3 back to 3k instead of just past 2k. You again are off topic. We are talking about ko3's here. The timing increase post peak torque is what keeps the power up as the boost falls. We WERE talking about A and you keep going to b, c, d, e, and f. [:@]

Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 AM

if you read my little () thing i said it does not directly increase the hp it is a result. TO create more power there are several ways. one very basic way is high redline. the more torque you have at a higher rpm the more hp you will prouce. If you don't belive me go look at a ****** honda. 116tq 180hp it's because of the redline. s2k for example 240hp and only 150 tq.

Quick Reply: diode mod:who's running it