B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

diode mod:who's running it

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Default RE: diode mod:who's running it

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: Bondga

well one.... you deff didnt tell me that formula...

two... you can adjust the fueling, timing, and boost to control the torque curve and move the peak torque back. just cause the turbo is running out of breath at high rpms dosn't mean that the motor is.
Good luck trying to push the ko3 back to 3k instead of just past 2k. You again are off topic. We are talking about ko3's here. The timing increase post peak torque is what keeps the power up as the boost falls. We WERE talking about A and you keep going to b, c, d, e, and f. [:@]
yes your talking about A but don't realize that A is caused by b,c, and d

Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 AM

besides we've argued this in the past, there is much more to creating power than adding air and fuel. the way the power is controlled and delivered can have just as much effect on peak pwr levels

Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm make believe

Talking with you really makes me want to [sm=headbang.gif]

You cant carry tq on a turbo that is out of breath at 5k no matter how much you increase timing.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 AM

yes your right but as i said earlier the turbo may be out of breath but the motor is not you can still pull more torque out of the motor......

Old 02-21-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm make believe

Yep, i think you can have HUGE amounts of tq post 5k, why not push the turbo to 7k and see what happens. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Name:  DynoSheetMarch212006002.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  25.9 KB

The only 2 ways to hold tq is with displacement or cams. And guess what, cams dont help on a stock turbo.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:49 AM

ok.... were talink 2 ft-lbs of torque you have to produce

diode-say 185hp

(185*5252)/5800 = 167tq

chip - 200hp (apr claims)

(200*5252)/6200 = 169tq

thus, to gain 15 more hp you must produce 2 ft-lbs of torgue 400 rpms later. regardless of the turbo being out of breath, i'm 1000% positive you can tune a motor to hold 2 more ft-lbs 400 rpms later by adjusting the curve and how the tq is applied

Old 02-21-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm make believe

Again, we are talking about ko3s!!! Hold and power go together like oil and water. You still havent grasped that. Not to mention the hp formula doesnt work here.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:02 AM

how does the formula not work... it is the only way to calc hp so if it does not work in this situation then you do not have any hp.....

no were talkin about the fact that the diode will not make as much power as a chip because the redline cannot be adjusted. you seem to think that all of the power from our motor comes from the turbo. and true most of the power does but were talking about squeazing 2 tq out of it and jsut cause the turbo isn't making any power dosnt mean that the motor is not. you seem to forget that the most important part to our engine is the motor itself not the turbo. the motor will work on it's own but the the turbo will not.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm make believe

Kemp? Is that you?

First do the math and get back to me. This is FI, not NA. Yes the same concepts apply, but the math doesnt. But again, its a ko3, it doesnt hold tq and barely holds hp. Notice is said NOTHING about boost. Not once did is say boost was the result in all the power. If you READ you would of seen that i mentioned that the TIMING was what made the main differnce between diode and chip.

Im not forgeting anything. Have you ever seen a stock turbo dyno? All the power does is spike and drop, just like this ^. You keep saying move and hold tq like its possible. You cant do it with a stock turbo/engine/hardware. The only way you could do that is with throwing lots of money at it and still not have a nice powerband like you would with a slightly larger turbo. So please, look at what we are talking about and wrap you head around it.

And for god sakes man, you took a simple statement and turned it into a argument that makes you look stupid and my f'ing head hurt. Once you come up with a new way to make power that doesnt require massive engine work, new intake manifold, etc let me know.

Oh, and please oh please show me how increasing revs on a engine/turbo that is out of breath at 6k going to make more power. Im so dying to see this.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 AM
1st Gear

dam, sorry guys, looks like i have started a war i just wanted to hear who was running it and how they felt about it. when i do it i will swap a FPR (just for some added safety) sorry to start a pissing contest. can't we just play nice?[]

Quick Reply: diode mod:who's running it