B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

diode mod:who's running it

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Default RE: diode mod:who's running it

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Kemp? Is that you?

First do the math and get back to me. This is FI, not NA. Yes the same concepts apply, but the math doesnt. But again, its a ko3, it doesnt hold tq and barely holds hp. Notice is said NOTHING about boost. Not once did is say boost was the result in all the power. If you READ you would of seen that i mentioned that the TIMING was what made the main differnce between diode and chip.

Im not forgeting anything. Have you ever seen a stock turbo dyno? All the power does is spike and drop, just like this ^. You keep saying move and hold tq like its possible. You cant do it with a stock turbo/engine/hardware. The only way you could do that is with throwing lots of money at it and still not have a nice powerband like you would with a slightly larger turbo. So please, look at what we are talking about and wrap you head around it.

And for god sakes man, you took a simple statement and turned it into a argument that makes you look stupid and my f'ing head hurt. Once you come up with a new way to make power that doesnt require massive engine work, new intake manifold, etc let me know.

Oh, and please oh please show me how increasing revs on a engine/turbo that is out of breath at 6k going to make more power. Im so dying to see this.
the math is correct..... that is the formula that a dyno will use to calculate the hp of any car strapted to it. are you trying to tell me that a FI car on a dyno works diff that a NA.. thats bullshit and i'm havnt been talking about compressor maps at all so don't bring that **** up. HP is calculated the same way regardless of FI or NA. Also this whole time i've been talking about pulling 2 tq out of the motor not the damn turbo but every responce you give goes right back to the k03.

THis point is mute so i'm not areguing it anymore. you say i need to look

AS far as the diode. yeah it's great for cheap power, don't change your FPR though you dont need to. jsut use lemmi to add a little more fuel under increasing load

Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Jesus christ bondga, reading what you wrote makes me laugh.

Engine working faster != more efficient

Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 PM

Well I hate to bring the thread back on track, but I run the diode mod with a hpbc, but I dont know alot about lemmiwinks, what settings do you guys run at about 17psi for the fuel increasing loads and decreasing loads, also, can I just use a regular wire that i use for the vagcom?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

i used lemmiwicks, but to get the perfect numbers you need ecu explorer by apr(engine monitoring software). i didnt have it so i copied bondoga's settings. We both have the same exact car so i used them, he warned me that every engine is different and they might not work. When i put in his setting the power curve felt so much smoother and the car felt faster. I used a regular vagcom cable with lemmi. the setting were "Advance fueling on acceleration to 110%, and advance timing to 3.75degrees." Ive been running it for six months and no problems what so ever, i love it. I will buy software when i have a worthy turbo! CINCTtt gave me a link to a better lemmiwicks program, it is by unitronics and has a better interface. pm him or search unitronic lemmiwicks. Pm me if you have any questions.or cincy or bondoga they are really helpful, just ask intelligent questions. cooooo!