B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Does a stock A4 B5 1.8T throw you back in your seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:49 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by adam044
I have done research. It's pretty simple to show what gains (nothing) that you get from adding a pod filter. Run on a dyno stock put the filter on and run again. You'll be surprised.

Enjoy.
Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted - YouTube
POD Filters Mythbusted - YouTube
Clearly you didn't read and/or understand my post, so let me extrapolate.

I put a drop-in filter in my car, because I don't want to have to replace my stock filter ever again. That's why I did that. No other reason.

I never advocated buying any type of CAI/cone filter. I simply stated the way any internal combustion engine works.

Do you honestly think you could ever get 500WHP with your stock air-box and stock filter (regardless of any other mods)?

You're trying to prove that a filter alone won't give you HP gains. Well, I said the same thing, except I gave more information than your misleading advertisement.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
Clearly you didn't read and/or understand my post, so let me extrapolate.

I put a drop-in filter in my car, because I don't want to have to replace my stock filter ever again. That's why I did that. No other reason.

I never advocated buying any type of CAI/cone filter. I simply stated the way any internal combustion engine works.

Do you honestly think you could ever get 500WHP with your stock air-box and stock filter (regardless of any other mods)?

You're trying to prove that a filter alone won't give you HP gains. Well, I said the same thing, except I gave more information than your misleading advertisement.
Ok. Good job.