B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Speed tuning group buy!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Personally I'd happily pay extra for SAP elimination, wider secondary O2 tolerances, and instant green-lighting of readiness codes after clearing fault codes
THIS ^^^^ Please!!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

well right now im getting interest in it. AND i asked, and we can do 30v OR 1.8t ecu's. so all you 1.8 guys can get in on this too. we just need a MINIMUM of 10 committed buyers. the turnaround is as stated. the tune is a same day process, so its all dependent upon how much you are willing to pay for fast shipping.

As asked earlier, they eliminate the rev limiter and speed governor, but can ONLY do it on manual transmission ECU's.

ImTheDevil, as for your o2 tolerances and SAP elimination, i am not sure. The may be able to do it, but it will probably cost you. Ill email him about it tonight, but probably wont hear back until monday.

SO at this point, i am starting a list of those who are 100% committed to this. the sooner i get at least 10 people, the sooner we can get this done. Once i have everyones info that is interested, I can get back to them and get the ball rolling. We will be paying them upfront (obviously, like any other internet transaction), and once at least 10 payments have cleared, the will start opening up appointments for us to send in the ECU's so we can have the best chance at a speedy turnaround. Whoever is 100% in on this, please PM me your name, phone number, car info (year,engine,auto or manual) so i can catalog the buyers and give them a good idea of what we want.

Last edited by livinglegend2100; 04-07-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

heard back from him already. He advised NOT to delete the SAP (didnt specify why) but they cant widen the o2 tolerances, said maybe they can delete the secondary o2's though. but it all depends on the ECU and software, so on that front, you would have to email them personally with what you want done.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

I would definitely be down for this but I'm just iffy about the mixed reviews I've heard about speedtuning.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Excellent info. I understand the hesitation in deleting the SAP - the cold-start warm up mixture is pretty rich and the SAP keeps the cats from fouling. If I decide to go in on this ill email and ask them about the O2s and will post results.

Don't be worried about the tune - its the same tune for each car and I have the feeling that those with 1.8Ts who had issues, had them as a result of some other part being weak/questionable, and the higher boost brought out the failure.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

yea, there have been a couple bad reviews, but theyre greatly outweighed by all the good reviews. I would be interested in hearing more about the o2 options also.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:23 AM

so will they do SAI delete and they just advise against it or will they not do it at all. its my car i should be able to tell them what i want and get it in return non biased. For the 02 widening, whtas the goal there? is that so 02 sensors still read right even if they are bad?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Audi has the secondaries programmed to a tolerance that is extremely tight, to the point that as soon as they start to age, you get a CEL for inefficient catalysts. They admitted that the tolerances are too tight and you can actually have the dealer flash in a wider tolerance for $100. With the reflash, they're more realistic about the threshold of an actual bad sensor or cat. I figure if we're reprogramming the ECU anyway, why not try to incorporate that feature? The other two parameters I suggested are to eliminate a known fail point on the car that requires a lot of tear down to fix (SAP replacement) and the elimination of the need to drive 50-100 miles to reset the readiness codes (instant green-lighting).

Last edited by ImTheDevil; 04-08-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Yea I'm not sure. I would imagine that it's possible for them to do it, but again, you're going to have to talk to them about it. It's going to fall into the realm of a custom tune and you will be paying more for it. For the price that they offer their service at, I imagine they need to keep the product somewhat generic. And it's also probably a liability issue. If they let "Random guy A" dictate whatever wants modified on the ECU, there's the possibility that he's slightly retarded, and ends up making unsafe modifications to the ECU. And once the motor pops, he will litter the Internet with "speed tuning ruined my car". And pass the blame to them.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:40 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

I'm IN. Lemme know when so I can take a few days off work. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed tuning group buy!!!