B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Speed tuning group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

as soon as enough people are in ill talk to them and get the ball rolling, but as of now you are the only person to give me a solid answer.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

1. Livinglegend
2. Vgo
3. ImtheDevil (maybe)
4. Jonbonesjones (seems to me yes)
5. IanWPD (very interested)
6. Thebeardedfury (interested)
7. Skythe (wants SAP delete but probably won't happen)
8. HeyCesar (iffy about mixed reviews)

Summary
- Only ~$130.
- Both for 2.8 and 1.8T
- quick turnaround

My question is, will there be a break-in period once its installed? I do remember reading a lot of reviews from past members here that they did definitely feel the car more peppy. I always thought that it was probably all in their head but they seem adamant that it did improve the car. For $130? Sure why not.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by vgo
1. Livinglegend
2. Vgo
3. ImtheDevil (maybe)
4. Jonbonesjones (definently)
5. IanWPD (very interested)
6. Thebeardedfury (interested)
7. Skythe (wants SAP delete but probably won't happen)
8. HeyCesar (iffy about mixed reviews)

Summary
- Only ~$130.
- Both for 2.8 and 1.8T
- quick turnaround

My question is, will there be a break-in period once its installed? I do remember reading a lot of reviews from past members here that they did definitely feel the car more peppy. I always thought that it was probably all in their head but they seem adamant that it did improve the car. For $130? Sure why not.
fixed

Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Administrator

There is a noticeable bump in torque in the midrange on the 2.8, right where you need it. You'll feel it. For the 1.8T, well, your boost is going up quite a bit so you will really wake the car up.

The only reason I'm on the fence is that I don't have a second car to get to work so I'll see what I can arrange.

An option for those of us within reasonable striking distance of Baltimore would be to arrange to go to Speedtuning for the chip flash on the spot and drive home - I think in the past people have done so on the group buys.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

^ me too devil. I dont have a second car to go to work either, hence, why I need to know when this will happen so I can call in for a vacation. Do they even ship out to canada?

Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Vgo, screw shipping man - I've heard of stuff getting held up for a month or more in customs. If you're taking vacation, just come down to the US and go there. I will see what's gonna happen and if a trip to Speedtuning is the way to go, just come to my house. We can pull one of the ECUs and drive the other car down there, get them both flashed, and be good to go.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

I dont have my passport renewed yet. Has been expired for a year now

Thanks for offering me the option though. I wouldnt really want to travel alone either and I dont think my girl and stepson would be up for it in such a short notice, unless if I tell them I'll be taking them to disneyland.

Grrr i hate customs!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

I think I'm just going to go for it but I have one final question, how will this affect my fuel economy on my 1.8tqm? In normal driving and expressway cruising.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Won't hurt it a bit - you'll see it drop when you're boosting but that's it.

Vgo, PM on the way.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by vgo
I dont have my passport renewed yet. Has been expired for a year now

Thanks for offering me the option though. I wouldnt really want to travel alone either and I dont think my girl and stepson would be up for it in such a short notice, unless if I tell them I'll be taking them to disneyland.

Grrr i hate customs!
why dont you just buy another ecu? they can be had fairly cheap, like under 100$ easily, proabably cheaper than that off a v6. that way you wont have to travel to america or take time off work. if you dont want two ecu's then sell yours after you put the chipped one in

Quick Reply: Speed tuning group buy!!!