B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Update~ For those with throttle/vac issues!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Update~ For those with throttle/vac issues!

Ok I was just outside tinkering and i accidently snapped this vac hose that makes its way from each valve cover to the throttle body... this hose is FULL of CRAP! It's nasty. and the ports on the valve covers are CLOGGED with an oily gummy mess.. like completely clogged.. no room for air.

So for the other guy having an issue he can't figure out.. pull these hoses off and check it out cuz it may not be a leak at all.. it could just be clogged

Looks like I'm gonna be busy for awhile pulling off the valve covers... weeeeeeeeeeee.... not.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:01 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Update~ For those with throttle/vac issues!

ORIGINAL: carlv

Looks like I'm gonna be busy for awhile pulling off the valve covers... weeeeeeeeeeee.... not.
It's not hard. I took one off yesterday to check and reseat the gasket and it took about 20 minutes.

The hose that you snapped, the crankcase breather hose, wouldn't cause your problems by being clogged, but it's a good thing to take care of anyway.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

aww really? couldnt cause it at all? that sucks. but considering the fact that the hose is so full of stuff and it's connected to the intake vac port on the throttle body... couldn't that stuff have gotten into the TB workings and clogged it up?

i guess i'll just stick something into the ports on the covers and break up the stuff blocking airflow instead of taking them off... i really despise doing anything on this car... it's all such a bitch... so if those holes being blocked -completely- isn't whats causing any issues I'm not gonna waste my time.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
3rd Gear

I'm done until you've addressed the old gas issue!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

lol.. damn it... i read online about gas and everywhere it says gas lasts a lonnnng time...but i'll see what i can do.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

alright well i tried to suck out the gas that's still in the tank since theres only about 1/4 left.. got a nice mouthful of it.. and i gotta say... it tasted like ****.. i mean.. yea gas doesnt taste great or anything but it was different.. and the texture was off... i don't want to say slimey.. but.. yeah.. kind of slimey? quite yellowish too.. it doesnt smell, look, or taste as it should.. so.. i'll get some gas and seafoam to add to it asap before i do anything else.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Guru

bad gas, or you let it sit too long and it got gummy........ way to treat your audi right man

Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

well it isnt really mine.. it's my brothers.. and he was gone in the army for basic training.. and I was living elsewhere.. and my parents were too lazy to start it every couple days so .. yeah... not my fault