B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Driver's Door Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

I used butt splice connectors instead of soldering. I think the key is to add extra length of wire so there is some play in it. Make sure you use those plastic ties to hold the cover as shown in the first photo above. Then feed the extra wire through the cover before you connect.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Similar problems- suggestions?

As many here have said, I too have very similar problems: cannot unlock or lock driver's door with remote, none of the window switches work on the driver's door. I do have some other issues that may be connected. On top of the above mentioned, my interior dome light does not tun off automatically once car door is shut and car is started and the reverse (when car is off and locked). Also the "ding" you typically hear for a few seconds once the car is started continuously dings for a few minutes - even after I am driving. Also, I will get a solid tone for a few minutes if I put my head lights on. Lastly, the red alarm indicator light on my driver door constantly blinks - even while driving and all doors are unlocked.

On top of all this - the car never recognizes when either passenger side doors are open - dome light does not come on as well as the car will re-lock itself if I only open one of those door as it "thinks" that no doors have been opened so after the 1 minute period it re-locks - I've locked my keys in that way

Sorry to be long winded - just really frustrated as this is my first Audi, but not my first German car (had 2 BMW's prior) and I have had many issues.

Suggestions/thoughts?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:19 AM
1st Gear
Default passenger door locked

I have a similar problem with my passenger door , one morning I locked the car as i usually do and the light didn't blink like one of the doors would be not properly closed . I went and checked all the doors including the trunk lid everything fine . I unlocked the car then and the light blinked twice , went and checked the doors again an my passenger side front door it's stuck close and locked . I don't have any idea where to start from , because I can't take the door panel off with the door closed and it wouldn't open from the inside or outside . Does anyone had a problem like this before ? if yes please help me with this , Thanks

Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Default One additional question...

Guys,

I have the same problem and I'm about to embark on the fix... No power to the driver side controls (windows and locks), alarm indicator still blinking, and the car does not register the door as being open at all (previously it didn't register it as closed). The passenger side door locks & back lighting are functioning fine, but the window controls are dead. My question is, will fixing the wires on the driver side, assuming power is restored to the driver control module, correct the problem on the passenger side (ie. because that's a master control for the windows), or is that a separate issue?

SIde note - like everything else on these POS cars, WTF is with that cheap pink clip? It's the crappy cousin to the window regulator clip.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

yes it should fix all the window issues. becareful with that pink clip, i actually dropped it in the door pannel. Also you should go in the passenger compartment and move back the carpeting and some of the plastic dash to get to where the wire harness runs through the car body to the door. There is some insulation there that you can remove so that you can get a good grip on the connectors. this will be very helpful when connecting and disconnecting.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

I have the same issue with the broken cables. I fixed them and that restored the missing driver side speakers. However that did not fix my second issue which is that none of my windows work from anywhere.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 AM
1st Gear

Similar issues, but a little different - door lock switches on driver's side and passenger's side door do not work even though they still have back lighting, and the three buttons - trunk release, interior alarm sensor, etc do not work. Also, my driver's side door speaker comes in and out with the sound.