B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Electrical problems???? No turn signals or high beams

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

ok, so mine is quite as bad as the OP stated but similar. No turn signals, no dashboard lights, have to manually turn off radio. Car has been sitting in my driveway since last weekend until I can get it in garage to do timing belt and waterpump. Noticed the alarm led that blinks on driver door was on steady so I got in to see what was and stone cold dead. Clearly something is shorted to drain the battery.

Any ideas? Nothing is wet on the driver side floor. Haven't pulled off any panels yet to look under sterring wheel. Any other thoughts?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
4th Gear

i had a slow drain on my car. I had to replace the ecm underneath the stearing wheel.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

When I pull the codes it says CCM. I have all dash lights....one headlight works now....no turn signals still...no cruise...no blinkers...no sunroff....no windows/mirrors...power locks work fine...sometimes have to push key fob several times to get alarm to work but it does work....and the other day while driving on I-95...the car just died..lost all power....and wouldnt accelrate....got the battery tested...OK..alternator tested...OK as well........Im lost at this point.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
4th Gear

well the module im talking about is for the lights only. The problem u seem to be having is ccm.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

of course as soon as I post it suddenly is fine when I drove it last night. Had it out at lunch to run out quick and still a problem. Took it later in the evening and all was fine. Is it possible that whatever it was it dried out?

Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

My A4 is definitely having the same problem as described by Alvy at the beginning of this thread.

I pulled the CCM (under carpet in front of driver seat) and found no moisture and no signs of past moisture. It was all very clean. I removed the covers from the module to inspect the electronic components and did not see any obvious signs of overheating ICs, bad capacitors, etc., so I'm not convinced that the problem is the CCM. Nothing would be more disappointing than spending $200 for a replacement, installing, and still having the same problem. Hoping to get more valuable feedback from others who have encountered the same problem. Is there a way to test the CCM before getting a replacement?

Also, I would appreciate any description of the process of removing the other module under the steering wheel. Thanks to everyone who takes time to post information.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

u can test using vagcom. i still wonder about it maybe being the ecem. Thats the one under the steering wheel and controls the lights in the car.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alvy
Ok....The other day got into my 2002 Audi A4 1.8t to goto work. Welp...I have no turn signals....no cruise control...no high beams....no sunroof.....radio stays on unless manually turned off....no power windows....locks work...hazards work....also....ABS and ESP light stay on all the time now. Where do I even start as far as a repair goes? Sorry if Im a newb but...really need some help before I goto stealership. Thanks!
Wow!
If anyone knows the solution to ALVY's original post, then they will definitely solve my problem. I have an identical car, with identical problem.
Thanks.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

first of all identify the problems using a OBD 2 diagnostic tester. the trouble codes provided by the tester will explain the problems. apart from that check the relays and the fuses.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:42 PM
1st Gear

UPDATE....

I have now replaced battery,alternator...still same problems. No horn No wipers. No steering functions i.e...cruise...control arms ..horn. I now also have a slow drain on battery. Replaced fuse in radio as well as it blew. I ran Vagcom. I get these:

p1628-Missing message from steering angle sensor
p1786-Back up lamp: open circuit...(explains why i had no reverse lamps before)
p1699 Powertrain data bus - Missing message from steering wheel electronics

So I have replaced alternator,battery,CCM (recoded wrong??) fixed blown radio fuse.

I did notice I have 3 wires cut in door jamp of drivers door. (1.windows dont work 2. Speakers dont work) explains the wires that are cut.

I'm now thinking its the ECU? Im out of ideas,money and patience at this point. Ashame because besides normal maintenance it was a great car for 3 years. Last year its just gone to s#$t quick

Quick Reply: Electrical problems???? No turn signals or high beams