B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Electrical problems???? No turn signals or high beams

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:21 PM
4th Gear

can i just ask why u changed your steering module? To me sounds like the same problem others incur with the ecm.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Left the car with an auto spark and he told me he checked all and only thing it could have been was scm! Safe to say he won't be getting car again have it in with garage now hopefully he's more knowledgable. Keep you's posted. Thanks

Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 PM
4th Gear

yea man no problem. make sure they have the right scanner to scan the car for trouble codes. Or you can take it to an autozone and have it scanned for free and you can post what codes are being thrown.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pa4ul
sounds like your electronic control module got shorted out somehow. You can find one on ebay for under 200 dollars and if u know someone with vagcom u can recode it to your car. U can actually access the module underneath the kick panel of the steering wheel. Pull off that panel and get on the floor and look up. U will see this module. 02 05 Audi A4 A4Q S4 Onboard Power Supply Control Module Computer 8E0907279F | eBay
U can actually open it up and see if there is any signs of the board getting fried. that would be my best guess besides the actual control module for the car. Which is a bit more pricey.

Pa4ul....You are referring to the module up underneath the kick panel correct? I took it to a euro shop and he narrowed it down to it being the module you posted earlier in the thread. I still have not gotten any issues resolved. I did replace the module myself and now I have fog lights but headlight turn off when coming to a complete stop. Ive been using my other car but really want to get this one running again. Hate to say F it and get rid of it as I loved the car until all of this crap happened. Anybody know anybody in the DEL-MAR-VA area who can recode one of these? Dealership wants 200 to recode which I think is crazy. Appreciate all the help! Let me know if anybody came to a resolve. Pissin me off......

Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 PM
1st Gear

Did anyone find the fix to this? I'm helping a co-worker fix her an '03 A4 Convertible and its having these issues. It has been sitting for a few months over winter so it toasted the battery. I figured it froze so I installed a new one with the hopes of the windows working. The windows, turn signal, high beams, cruise, and horn are not working and the radio can be turned on any time. If you fixed yours please let me know and save me the time and money.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:01 AM

I've had my 02 a4 in a garage for 6wks and I was told that ther was a small wire burnt out... Told me to find that wire and fix it would b to much money so he told what I can do is by pass it don't ask me how he done it but do so and it's all working fine! But at times it would play up again but nothing like b4... The problem with my windows was the wire harness on driver do had got cut over the years opening and shutting door, that was the easy fix. So I'd check the wire harness in each door!! The guy who fixed mine worked for audi and knew his stuff, jus said to me I'll by pass this and then you get it sold witch I did!!