B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Husband Spilled Drink Everywhere... Now Radio Not Working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shaundh
I know he's your husband and all, but I'd ban him from my car.

You need a pair of these to pull the radio out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audi-Vw-Radio-4-...item4cf5179b67

You may be able to let it dry or clean it out and make it start working again.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know he took it that night, but I'm having it detailed Sunday so, like a child, he's not allowed to eat or drink in my car anymore.

Thanks for the info. I will pass the link onto my husband. He is furious that Audi made such a poorly designed car. Hmm? Blame the car... that's classic!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

So today I learned that on the drivers side, the first two switches for the front and passenger side windows don't work. The switches for the back windows work fine. The switch on the passenger side window works as well. The the first two on the drivers side.

Looks like we're going to discover more and more issues associated with this "coke " accident.

I don't want to have to take this car to the dealer to get it fixed because I don't have the money. Ugh!!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bmcmanus
So today I learned that on the drivers side, the first two switches for the front and passenger side windows don't work. The switches for the back windows work fine. The switch on the passenger side window works as well. The the first two on the drivers side.

Looks like we're going to discover more and more issues associated with this "coke " accident.

I don't want to have to take this car to the dealer to get it fixed because I don't have the money. Ugh!!!!
If your husband is handy, he can relpace those parts. Not a big deal. You can buy new window switches online or buy them from the dealer at the parts department.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-...itches/ES9614/

Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shaundh
If your husband is handy, he can relpace those parts. Not a big deal. You can buy new window switches online or buy them from the dealer at the parts department.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-...itches/ES9614/

Thanks so much for the info! I tried the switches this morning and the drivers side passenger window switch is working, but the window is acting funny. I wonder if the driver's side will start working soon too.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

has anything else in the car been acting funny> could be ur ccm failing.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pa4ul
has anything else in the car been acting funny> could be ur ccm failing.
All the windows are working now, but the drivers side front window won't go down automatically anymore when I push the switch once. I have to hold it down. I was driving home Monday and my drivers door started making all these weird noises. That's when I tried the drivers front window and it was working. Weird.

Since it's so cold here in the mornings, I can turn turn my heat on because all the buttons are stuck (can't push in). I have to wait for the car to fully heat up before I can even try to push any of the heating control buttons in. This morning I tried to change the temp on the drivers side, and it was simultaneously changing it on the passenger side too. I know that's not suppose to happen. But after driving for about 30 mins, it finally went back to functioning the way it should. Its almost as if the coke has to "melt" in order to use anything.

Radio is still shot!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM
4th Gear

actually it can change both sides at the same time. u just hold the auto button and one side can control both temps. As for the one touch windows. U can try to reprogram it. hold switch down all the way down for 3 seconds then up again 3 seconds. then down one more time 3 seconds. then up again. It should reprogram.. At least thats how i remeber it could be a little different. Ill check into it.