B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: What should I do?
Install complete intake kit, sell the inlet pipe
33.33%
Install just the inlet pipe, sell the Intake kit
33.33%
Keep exhaust and try to modify it to fit
0%
Just Sell it all, and buy neon lights, and stickers to boost HP
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

I just got SCREWED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Exclamation I just got SCREWED!!!

Ok I just got stressed out. I purchased a forge turbo inlet pipe and a full AFE CAI. Come to find out the inlet pipe is the same as the intake pipe that's stock on my car right now and will fit the current OEM air filter... I did not know this ****. I thought the inlet pipe was totally different from the intake. So I am at a dilemma here, should I just install the turbo inlet pipe and use my stock filter, or just install the whole new AFE Intake with new air filter. I am leaning toward the new Intake system rather then just the inlet pipe, and send the inlet pipe back.

Also I had my wife purchase a Greddy exhaust for a 1.8t 02-05 but I guess she didn't confirm if it was for a quattro or not before the purchase... and it is NOT for a quattro, and when she took it to the muffler shop, they told her it will not fit! I am currently deployed in Afghanistan, and cannot be there to handle this ****. Is there a way they can modify the exhaust for just a regular 1.8t to fit my quattro, anybody know? I am very pissed that I spent 800 bux on the exhaust and it cannot be installed, and where I really got Owned, is there are no refunds on the exhaust OR the turbo inlet pipe!

Help me with some suggestions please I am fairly new to turbo set ups so try to keep the flames to a slow simmer here, and help out with some professional responses. Thanks in advance, I may not be able to respond for a bit due to missions and bullshit happening in Afghanistan.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds like either some miscommunication happened or some more careful research needed to be done prior to these purchases. My understanding from what I've read here and elsewhere is that CAIs don't do much on these cars other than change the intake noise and put you at risk of sucking up water if you run through a deep puddle, so your money is probably better spent elsewhere anyway. Regarding the exhaust, I'd imagine that unless you're a savant at cutting & welding metal, it'll never be quite "right" if you mod it rather than selling it and rebuying the right one.

Those two things led to my vote for the stickers. May things go more smoothly for you next time, and thanks for serving our country.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Thank you for the input olstyn. I already have it up on craigs list, forget about the modding and spending more time and money on it. LOL about the vote, I had to put something up there to try and make things funny for myself. No problem on Serving the Country, pointless War, but we have wiped out some known Taliban bastards over here so it makes it worth while.