B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

my key fob wont work,, i need help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 AM
1st Gear
Default my key fob wont work,, i need help please

my brother was playing with my key fob and now it wont work. it wont lock, unlock, pop trunk, or anything electrically. i asked him andall he said is that he opened it. i then had him open it again so i could see it and then a i opened my other one and the inside of them was the same. upon putting them both back together neither of them worked. i am thinking that it is just something to do with programming but im not sure. is it a fix i can do or do i have to go to a dealership to get it fixed? any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: my key fob wont work,, i need help please

ORIGINAL: grizzle69

my brother was playing with my key fob and now it wont work. it wont lock, unlock, pop trunk, or anything electrically. i asked him andall he said is that he opened it. i then had him open it again so i could see it and then a i opened my other one and the inside of them was the same. upon putting them both back together neither of them worked. i am thinking that it is just something to do with programming but im not sure. is it a fix i can do or do i have to go to a dealership to get it fixed? any help would be greatly appreciated
Back to basics, so please don't take offense. In working with helpdesk, you will not believe how many calls we get about a computer not turning on to later find out that it wasn't plugged in to begin with. So, anyway, make sure the polarity of the battery is on correctly. I don't think the keys lose the programming if the battery is removed, but in case that happened, I believe the programming procedure is in the owner's manual. It's a combination of turning the ignition on and pressing the lock and unlock switch on the door.

Someone who knows the exact procedure or the owner's manual handy, please chime in.

No, you don't have to go to the dealership to have it programmed.