B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Non-Audi / Aftermarket Windshield Wiper Blade Solution for B6s

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

there is a kit for the b7 wipers on a b6... its like 100 bucks but i think im going to try the rainex blades as it would be way easier for replacements then going back to the stealership. plus i always have had a good experience from the rainx blades in the past.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

I just want to say thank you! With your instructions I was able to replace the (falling apart) OEM wipers with the Rain X Latitude Wipers. One thing you forgot to mention is that they're 21 inches. The instructions were very easy to follow and I even ended up using zip ties like you haha.

One thing though: When it "tested it", I think it started streaking on the passenger side. Granted, my "test" was me pouring water out of a water bottle but still haha. It worked like a freaking charm until I spotted the streaking. I think it will go away though. Did you ever replace the zip ties with a bolt and washer combo?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
1st Gear
Cool

Originally Posted by diuvic
One thing though: When it "tested it", I think it started streaking on the passenger side. Granted, my "test" was me pouring water out of a water bottle but still haha. It worked like a freaking charm until I spotted the streaking. I think it will go away though.
I hope this changes for you. Beam blades need free-movement at the point of attachment and a fair amount of down-pressure for them to work correctly. Keep us posted.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jeff618
I hope this changes for you. Beam blades need free-movement at the point of attachment and a fair amount of down-pressure for them to work correctly. Keep us posted.

I believe my windshield was "too dry" when I tested it. It sounds weird but its true. Now that it has rained a couple of times since I have installed it, it works like a charm.

I have noticed the biggest flaw with this mod though. The windshield wiper arm is now slightly more elevated compared to when the OEM wipers were installed. This causes the stream coming from the washer jets to directly hit the wiper arm and miss the windshield completely. Is there a way to adjust the washer jets to a more elevated position so they miss the wiper arms when spraying?

When the arms are in the "up position" when "wiping", the washer stream hits the windshield. The problem with this is that it only washes the windshield "down", it doesn't get the full effect of washing the upper portion. I might have to go ahead and spring for the OEM kit from ecstuning if I can't get the washers to hit my windshield correctly.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM
1st Gear
Arrow

Originally Posted by diuvic
I have noticed the biggest flaw with this mod though. The windshield wiper arm is now slightly more elevated compared to when the OEM wipers were installed. This causes the stream coming from the washer jets to directly hit the wiper arm and miss the windshield completely.
Major bummer!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
1st Gear
Default re

First service due, would like to know if there is any downside to using a local non Audi service garage as funds are bit low at the moment.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jeff618
Major bummer!!
Its a fixable problem. You have to insert a needle in the washer jet and "aim" it where you want it to hit. I still haven't done this since I ran out of washer fluid . Anyway, It'll be fixed soon hopefully. I was also thinking about swapping those washers out for the Passat "mist" sprayers. They shoot a fine mist compared to the Audi's Jet Stream.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 AM
1st Gear
Talking Thanks!

I'm so glad I saw this discussion. I just destroyed one of the plastic clips on my B6 wiper blades, and I was planning on going to the dealer to get a new one, but I'm definitely going to use the Rain-x blades now. The bosch OEM blades suck and the plastic clips are brittle, especially in cold weather. I will also be utilizing the zip-tie idea!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
1st Gear
Arrow

Originally Posted by Cesarzlu
I'm so glad I saw this discussion. I just destroyed one of the plastic clips on my B6 wiper blades, and I was planning on going to the dealer to get a new one, but I'm definitely going to use the Rain-x blades now. The bosch OEM blades suck and the plastic clips are brittle, especially in cold weather. I will also be utilizing the zip-tie idea!
I may have not been clear. I had bad luck with the RainX Latitudes. Bosch aftermarket was good and Trico NeoForms were equally good at a lower price. I'm a NeoForm guy. Just wanted to clarify.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

What do you mean bad luck? I've only had good experiences with the RainX Latitudes? Ok, aside the fact that I didn't point them "up" when it snowed and messed them up. I'm thinking about buying some new ones. Are you saying those other ones are way better AND cheaper? Can they be put on the stock arm with zip ties like the RainX Latitudes?

Quick Reply: Non-Audi / Aftermarket Windshield Wiper Blade Solution for B6s