B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Non-Audi / Aftermarket Windshield Wiper Blade Solution for B6s

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by seefest
Just used the Trico refill 47-700 blades for my wifes car. Perfect fit, length and width. $7 for both refills. Thanks guys.
If they're anything like the actual rubber on my trico neoforms you should be happy with the performance.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Glad it helped!

Originally Posted by seefest
Just used the Trico refill 47-700 blades for my wifes car. Perfect fit, length and width. $7 for both refills. Thanks guys.
It is nice to find and alternative that is affordable, functional, and transparent! That is what these forums are for!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jinsojoo
As I mentioned in an older post in this thread, I originally used nuts and bolts. However, there wasn't enough free pivot between the wiper blade and the wiper arm, which left a streak through the windshield because the wiper was not flush with the windshield.

Attached to this message are images of those fasteners that I bought at lowes in the hardware section. The drawer said "Automotive". You can also see a finished product.
You can see that I used a small washer to ensure that there was enough free pivot - might not be necessary though.

It seems that there's nothing to hold that push fastener in place correct? It also looks like you placed a washer on one side. Aren't you afraid that it will "bend" over time and make your wipers fly off?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by diuvic
It seems that there's nothing to hold that push fastener in place correct? It also looks like you placed a washer on one side. Aren't you afraid that it will "bend" over time and make your wipers fly off?
I had this setup for two years and I didn't have any problems with the wipers flying off. The blades were securely on the arm.

When I first pushed in the push fasteners, then leading tips did poke out the other side - I cut off the excess.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:29 PM
1st Gear
Smile RainX Lattitudes have changed, here's a new style:

I have a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T and there was no way the RainX Lattitudes were going to fit. I bought the RainX Lattitudes even though the connector was so large I thought it must ft on the outside of the the Audi's wiper junction. Once outside the store, it was too large to fit on the inside of the flanges, and too small to fit on the outside of those flanges, so I woud have had to mickey mouse some connection with one side between the flanges, and one side outside them.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let everyone know, that as of January 2015 the

RainX Expert Fit B-21-2 (BEAM Style)

fits almost perfectly inside the flanges, and is at least $3 cheaper per blade. I put the same size (that B-21-2 is 21 inches) on both sides. There are 3 spring-clips that I would either have to pinch to get inside the flanges, or do what I did, which was to break them off by hand. I had to go pick up my daughter from volleyball practice, so I too went with Zip Ties. I used two zips on each wiper. I plan to look for some bolts and nuts that fit thru the wiper hole in the Spring, but for now I am VERY happy with this fix.

Another Just FYI, the kits to change the wiper arms to ones that fit Beam wipers cost $180 now, before tax and shipping. This setup, 2 wipers and black zip ties, costs around $25 total from Walmart.

Walmart.com doesn't have the B-21-2 style listed as of today, Jan 18, but here's a link to see what the package looks like:

Rain-X Expert Fit Beam Wiper Blade - Walmart.com

I am thankful for all the help in this forum. This thread saved me about $175, and I was able to fix my wipers right after the rubber split on my Audi Wipers. Thankful to not give Audi another $30 for really cheaply made chinese wipers.

All the best to all the Audi drivers!
Kerry
beHomeBased