B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

replaced comfort control module, how can i sync key fobs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
1st Gear
Default replaced comfort control module, how can i sync key fobs?

so after weeks of having no windows, interior lights, sunroof or remote key functionality, I took a gamble and bought a comfort control module and replaced it, and voila, the windows, interior lights and sunroof all work.. but i can't seem to get my key fobs to work... I've tried the owner's manual instructions, and a few other attempts i've found online, but none are getting my key fobs to sync with the car. around the time I was having intermittent issues with the system, I replaced both batteries in both keys, and the polarity is correct because they worked at one point. I'm 99.9% sure I securely plugged in all plugs in the CCM, I'll try to go and take a look again, but 15 degrees and ice and snow all over are less than desirable conditions to pull back a floor mat. just wondering if there are any other ways to sync these fobs

Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear

What are the exact steps you are doing to try and program your key fobs....and when you got the NEW CCM, did you program it exactly the way the old one was that you took out? With the same values? Could you read the old one or was it completely dead? Just because the model number may be the same, doesn't mean it wasn't programmed for a different Audi with different options.....

The CCM needs to be coded the same as your old one, or if it can't be read, if memory serves me right, you can probably find the factory settings that your specific car had and start from scratch....

Last edited by markymarc; 01-28-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

so how to do synchronization?

Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Default RE: sync of CCM and key bobs

Hello... I know this was while ago now, but did you ever find a work around for this?...currently have the same exact problem.

Originally Posted by patoons
so after weeks of having no windows, interior lights, sunroof or remote key functionality, I took a gamble and bought a comfort control module and replaced it, and voila, the windows, interior lights and sunroof all work.. but i can't seem to get my key fobs to work... I've tried the owner's manual instructions, and a few other attempts i've found online, but none are getting my key fobs to sync with the car. around the time I was having intermittent issues with the system, I replaced both batteries in both keys, and the polarity is correct because they worked at one point. I'm 99.9% sure I securely plugged in all plugs in the CCM, I'll try to go and take a look again, but 15 degrees and ice and snow all over are less than desirable conditions to pull back a floor mat. just wondering if there are any other ways to sync these fobs