B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi B7 (07) Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

I'm having trouble finding the right thread on the mirror. There are several more now, and the database was crashing.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

Matt 51, does your car have an Ipod/MP3 input port/jack? I forget which year that was included. It wasn't available in 06. If you don't, there is an Audi adaptor that plugs into the back of the radio and the cable extends though the hole in the glovebox so that you can keep the IPod locked up in there. You can then control the Ipod from the radio buttons. Some cars have an AUX button that is attached to the port in the back, others like mine only have the Sat button which is connected to the same type of port, but I don't know if the Ipod would work if you disconnect the Satelite cable and replace it with the Ipod cable. Depending on what you read, some say it overrides the CD changer, others say you toggle with the CD button. All you need is the little kit that unlocks the radio from the center stack so it slides out.

Bummer did some more digging, and it looks like connecting the IPod connector, will for sure disable the satilite radio and any external or built in CD changer.

Last edited by B7Night; 02-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:29 AM
1st Gear

B7Night Thanks for the info!I'm due to change my battery and this tip will really save ALOT of time!!
I almost forgot, if you change the battery, be sure the place has one of those memory savers plugged into the phone charger port by the parking brake, and not the cig lighter(it deactivates when the car is off). My car got totally scrambled when the dealer changed my battery. They said it was not a typical thing, but can happen. The locks fobs and other things were going nuts. The dealer had to reflash the car, as the method of sticking the key in the lock and following the instructions didn't work. They didn't charge me, but did say if some other place had caused the problem, the dealer would have had to charge me to reprogram everything.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

So I browsed around the forums and I found that you don't necessarily need memory seats in order to have the tilt down, but it all depends on what year your car is. For some years that may be the case, for other - not. Audi seems to rearrange the options in their packages and bring things in and out of them. For the first models, 2005.5 for example the tilt down was part of a technology package, which isn't available for later models. There are definitely people without the memory seats who have the tilt down. On some years it seems it's part of the auto-dimming mirrors option.
Anyway, I checked mine, and I either don't have it, or it's not activated in the Vagcom. I do have auto-dimming and folding mirrors and all options available (that I'm aware of) with the exception of memory seats, navi and headlight washers. ( I'm very curious why I don't have the headlight washers).

Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

Audi made the standard trip computer in the B6 optional in the B7. You had to spend $1700 for the tech package to get it. That was sorta fixed in 07 or 08 when the trip computer was made part of the premium package. Audi had their Bum handed to them by multiple car and rating magazines for Decontenting the car and making the computer part of an expensive option, when other companies of equal calliber kept the trip computer standard. Sometimes companies learn the hard way not to do stuff like that.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM
2nd Gear

When you say "standard trip computer" what exactly are you talking about? The LCD screen that does your MPG and all that jazz, or specifically the color LCD? Like, what made "standard/base" different from "option" after the B6? Basically, in early B7s, what was considered standard, and what did that extra $1700 buy?

Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
2nd Gear

The B6 as well as my 2000 Jetta GLX had a trip computer that showed on the lcd between gauges. There were little buttons on the wiper stalk that toggled through the different modes of the computer such as instant MPG, Average MPG, average MPH, etc. The standard B7 only tells you how many miles till empty, unless you get the trip computer which was included in the tech package initially, and the premum package later.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:09 PM
2nd Gear

Guessed that'd probably be the case. Glad to know that I have the tech/premium package then. Mine's an 07, any input on what else was included in that package that I don't already know about that would tickle my fancy to be aware of? I have the homelink, bluetooth, rain sensor, adaptive bi-xenon lighting, dual power seats, cold weather package, auto dimming mirrors (at least the middle mirror; I have yet to fully determine if the side mirrors also auto dim. They seem to, but it could be an illusion to me due to having 35% tint on my front windows) and satellite radio available (though I'm too cheap to pay for it when a 6 month subscription would cover the cost of getting the factory iPod integration added, allowing me to listen to whatever I please at the touch of a button without having to dicker with CDs, actually look down at the iPod to select what I want to listen to, etc ;P )

Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

The Tire pressure monitoring system was in the tech package, as well as some other goodies I can't remember. I think you could scroll through them in the little LCD between gauges. My mirrors also automatically dim, part of the premium package. My car had dark tint all the way around when I got it, which caused the auto dim feature to not work correctly. The tint didn't let the mirrors react correctly to the light. It blocked the sensor inside the car. In Michigan any tint below the top 4 inches of the front door windows is a no no. I took the tint off, but couldn't get it off the back window due to the defroster grid without professional help. You could really tell then that the tint was causing the mirrors not to dim correctly from light from behind. With the tint off the side windows it really made the lack of side mirror dimming noticable.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, found the window sticker for my "06". The Sunroof package includes the sunroof, and leather seats. The Premium package includes auto dimming inside and outside mirrors, Homelink, rainsense wipers, heated front seats, and power passenger seat. In "07" or "08" the trip computer was added to the list of features in the Premium package. The tire pressure monitoring system went from the tech package to standard at one point due to government regs. I think the bluetooth, and phone equipment was also part of the tech package. I'm not sure if the nav was separate or part of the tech package.

Last edited by B7Night; 02-25-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Audi B7 (07) Tricks