B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi B7 (07) Tricks

Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds like nav is separate then; I have everything you listed except TPMS and nav. But cool, good to know. I have 20% tint on my rear 3 windows so that would explain why the autodimming doesn't seem to work all that well on the side mirrors; but it's not a huge deal- the 35% that's up front does a good enough job on the side mirrors, and the 20% in the rear an awesome job on the rear view that I hardly notice if the auto-dimming is or isn't working. Thanks for the clarification on all that

Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

I too have everything but the TPMS and the nav. Not sure about the mirror moving down in reverse, i usually keep the **** in the middle position, but it'd be nice if it did so I can see better when parking. Any way to get TPMS on the car such as through VAGCOM? I'm guessing no since it likely isn't wired for it from factory if we don't have it already.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

I also have all that A4Cragman listed, plus the TPMS. I don't have navy. My guess is you can probably install the TPMS and activate it in the VAG COM. All I know is, that it's wireless, so there should be some sort of receiver in the car, hardwired to the computer, and then you have a sensor in each tire. TPMS became mandatory in 2007, so any model after should have it. I know that if you have metallic tint, rather than ceramic, your TPMS might start acting up, because of signal strength issues or something. Some people in this forum have had this issue.
I'm still bummed my mirror doesn't tilt down.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Matt_matt51
Hi all

I've just purchased an Audi A4 (B7 - 07) S-line. I've had a search about but I'm wanting to know any cool tricks or tips that it can do. I've found a few tips which i have tried. Re-set the throttle with the Key, Holding the open/close to open/close the windows, Hold the drivers side 'Auto' button on the climate control to control both temperature controls and hold the Passenger 'Auto' button to disengage this function.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I've discovered the boot release, and the buttons to disarm the movement sensor and tilt alarm.

Its all a big game to me as i don't have the user manual.
You don't have to hold the passenger auto button to disengage the climate control lock. You just have to adjust the passenger side up or down. Also, in the US, you have to change one of the codes to enable the windows up/down with the key fob feature. For some reason, Audi decided we didn't need that feature.

What is resetting the throttle with the key?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

I know the reason for not having the window up/down from the key fob in the states. It's because when you close your windows from the key fob, the pinch protection isn't enabled (the feature that would stop the window from closing if there's anything in the way). So if you have a child in the car, who gets their head or arms out the window, you can decapitate them. And since in the states people don't feel responsible for anything, they sue the companies, instead of blaming themselves. Everywhere else this feature is enabled cause there's less of a threat of lawsuits.

P.S. who would be stupid enough to be closing their windows from the keyfob while a child is in the car, and while not looking at the car at the same time...but hey, there's all kinds of people.

P.S.2 If you nhaven't tried the pinch protection, do it. it's kinda fun. close your window with the auto -up (don't hold the button) and then put your hand in the way, or just kinda tap it hard it from the top, it'll stop and then go down a bit. it should work with the sunroof, too.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
Also, in the US, you have to change one of the codes to enable the windows up/down with the key fob feature. For some reason, Audi decided we didn't need that feature.
So this can be done in VAGCOM? I dearly miss being able to just push and hold my lock button from 50 feet away in a pouring rainstorm to roll up my windows/sunroof in my B5. Completely defeats the purpose of that feature to have to walk to the door of my car anyway just to stick the key in the handle to roll up the windows; at that point, I might as well just get in the car to roll up the windows. And drive somewhere that its not raining while I'm at it.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

I've asked 3 dealers to enable this feature on my car in Chicago, and they all refused. Not to mention they never heard of this feature before and had to check with their tech dept.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear

I wish I could find the vagcom for the tilt down right hand mirror. I've located it before, but by accident. The post told you the menues to choose, and the code.

Last edited by B7Night; 03-01-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
What is resetting the throttle with the key?

1. with the car off, pull up on the e-brake
2. turn the key to ACC
3. floor the gas pedal for 3 seconds then turn the key all the way back but leave it in
4. release the gas pedal and wait 2 minutes
5. remove key from ignition and then reinsert and start car
proceed as normal but if you want to improve your mpg, accelerate slowly and dont speed. this should have told the car to re-learn your driving style so it'll use less gas but not sure exactly how long it will be re-learning
then clear your averages and what not and see if that makes a difference.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
So this can be done in VAGCOM? I dearly miss being able to just push and hold my lock button from 50 feet away in a pouring rainstorm to roll up my windows/sunroof in my B5. Completely defeats the purpose of that feature to have to walk to the door of my car anyway just to stick the key in the handle to roll up the windows; at that point, I might as well just get in the car to roll up the windows. And drive somewhere that its not raining while I'm at it.
Yes, but I don't remember exactly where in VCDS-Lite (that's what I used with a cheap eBay CANBUS cable) the setting is. Probably not terribly helpful, but it's been a long time since I did this and I don't even have the software installed anymore. I changed 3 things:
- Turned off the annoying seatbelt chime. Now it only chimes for a short time when you turn the car on and then never bothers me again.
- Turned off the amber corner lights when the headlights are on.
- Enabled 1-click fob up and down windows

Last edited by KingWulfgar; 03-02-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi B7 (07) Tricks