B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi B7 (07) Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
- Turned off the amber corner lights when the headlights are on.
You can do that!? Does it *just* disable the running light and leave the blinker still working fine? Or does it cut power to the light period?

Glad to know I can take care of a couple irritations with teh VAGCOM; a buddy of mine has it so I will definitely be hitting him up in the near future to work on a few things like the reverse-tilt mirror, fob-activated windows, seatbelt chime (that drives me bananas, when I'm standing outside my car or something listening to music but not actually sitting in it and that damn chime is losing its $hit) so I would love to assess a couple things

Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
You can do that!? Does it *just* disable the running light and leave the blinker still working fine? Or does it cut power to the light period?
Yep, blinkers still work fine. Also, I forgot the other bonus is this also codes the fogs to stay on with the high beams.

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
Glad to know I can take care of a couple irritations with teh VAGCOM; a buddy of mine has it so I will definitely be hitting him up in the near future to work on a few things like the reverse-tilt mirror, fob-activated windows, seatbelt chime (that drives me bananas, when I'm standing outside my car or something listening to music but not actually sitting in it and that damn chime is losing its $hit) so I would love to assess a couple things
Well, the seatbelt code doesn't change it if the door is open. It still goes berzerk then. I suppose you could turn it completely off--I think there is a way to do that, but then you'd get no reminder.

I highly recommend you try to track down that huge thread with all the coding info in it. Last time I went looking for it, Audizine had put it behind a sign-in wall, but I never did get access to it. It's sad that that is lost to the land of the free interwebs if it's really hidden now.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

I "printed" a thread off Audizine covering "The $20 eBay VAG-COM Cable Walk-through" back in 2011 - original thread was from 2007, but I remember something about that forum crashing. Thought I would need it someday, so printed to .pdf. Just haven't found anyone close by with a cable yet to do anything...

File size is too big, so PM me your email address and I can shoot it your way.

Your file of 1.91 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

The walk-through covers setting up the software correctly, with the correct ports and what not. Then covers how to do some of the more common code switching.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

I have an 2007 A4 2.0T looking for a Ross tech VAG COM cable??
is it just better to buy from Ross tech

Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM
2nd Gear

I went with a cable off eBay and the free/shareware version of the software. I didn't want to spend a lot and while it was pretty limited, it could do all the things I was really interested in.