B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

new to the forum, got a couple little electrical gremlins with my b7

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Default new to the forum, got a couple little electrical gremlins with my b7

I've had my b7 since April of 08, bought it with 38k miles, its now at almost 60k (i can't help it once i go for a drive I somehow find the long way to take because I like driving it so much). The car's been fantastic to me except for a couple tiny minor things. a couple months ago the trunk latch won't hold unless you really slam it down hard, which can take a few tries and can be quite embarassing if it's in a big parking lot or something. the release works great but it feels like it's not catching right when it hits the stryker on the body, anybody know a way to adjust it or troubleshoot it?

Also, recently the window on the drivers side has went on the fritz. it started with a scratching sound when it would get about halfway up or down when the window was in motion, and now it will not move at all except for maybe an inch or so then the sensor gets confused and moves it up and down half a dozen times, I've had friends joke that the car's posessed but whatever. could it be the regulator might be bad or is the window possibly off track? I'm very hesitant to take it to the dealer to have them charge me an arm and a leg for something I could possibly do myself. My cars been out of warranty for almost 10k miles btw so the warranty thing is gone now.

anybody have any suggestions for these 2 problems?