B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

TPMS controller module replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:23 PM
1st Gear
Default TPMS controller module replacement?

Anybody have any experience with replacing the TPMS controller module? Its been throwing TPMS alerts on the center dash screen for a while, so I had the dealer look at it while getting serviced for a couple other non-related things, and they did find a short in the module. The dealer wanted $500 to replace it, but i know i can get a replacement for $80 used. As i understand it, its located near the left rear tail light. However it would be nice to know if there's a proper procedure for removing the trunk liner without tearing it up.

FYI, car is a 2008 A4.
Thanks in advance for any tips!

Old 12-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

You are correct in its location in the left rear trunk area. Usually you can remove clips that hold the lining in place and move it out of the way. It will retain its shape even though you think you are forcing it way out of position. I show that tpms control module to be part number 8E0-907-273-A for 171.12 dollars. Takes about 4-5 days to get to us first this time of year. Plus shipping out to you of about 10-12 dollars.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

You mentioned used, an 09 sedan car has it in a different location and as a different part number. But the part number you need is used in the 02-08 a4q cars, and all the A4 cabs 03-09. That should widen your search in case that 80.00 one doesn't match the part number you need.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info, Jeff!

I finally got around to getting the old module out. In case anybody else needs to replace their TPMS module:
> Remove trunk floor and spare tire.
> Pull off the weather seal around the left and bottom.
> Loosen the 2 nuts holding the plastic trunk guard in the spare wheel well.
> Remove the plastic trunk guard from the bottom lip. It clips in 4 places along the top, so you may need a flathead to pop it off.
> Remove the cargo latches from the left side with a T25 driver
> Pull out the left side trunk liner. There are 2 latches towards the tail light that pop off, and you may need to use a flathead to pry off a connector holding it on top.
> Remove the plastic trunk storage bay (4 bolts, 10mm)
> You'll see the white TPMS module over the LR wheel well. Disconnect using the purple release lever, and it just pops off the black plastic mount.

My replacement is on the way, so hopefully its just a matter of plugging it in and storing tire pressure data.

Old 02-17-2024, 03:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Thx irussel,

Originally Posted by irussel
Thanks for the info, Jeff!

I finally got around to getting the old module out. In case anybody else needs to replace their TPMS module:
> Remove trunk floor and spare tire.
> Pull off the weather seal around the left and bottom.
> Loosen the 2 nuts holding the plastic trunk guard in the spare wheel well.
> Remove the plastic trunk guard from the bottom lip. It clips in 4 places along the top, so you may need a flathead to pop it off.
> Remove the cargo latches from the left side with a T25 driver
> Pull out the left side trunk liner. There are 2 latches towards the tail light that pop off, and you may need to use a flathead to pry off a connector holding it on top.
> Remove the plastic trunk storage bay (4 bolts, 10mm)
> You'll see the white TPMS module over the LR wheel well. Disconnect using the purple release lever, and it just pops off the black plastic mount.

My replacement is on the way, so hopefully its just a matter of plugging it in and storing tire pressure data.
My 08 a4 TPMS went on alert a couple weeks ago. Checked pressures, reset the TPMS, disconnected and reconnected the battery to no avail. I bought a tire sensor tool showing all the tire pressure sensors are good so I assume it's the Tire Preesure Module that went bad. Found a used module on ebay for 40 bucks and will receive it in a week or so. Thanks to your post I'll be able to locate and replace the bad part.

Old 02-22-2024, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Super Сasual Dating Verified Damsels

Turn casual moments into unforgettable dates – choose the best casual dating site!
Real Women Unsurpassed Сasual Dating
Optimal Сasual Dating

Old 03-12-2024, 07:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Top-notch Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls

Make dating stress-free and enjoyable with the best casual dating experience.
Authentic Damsels Optimal Сasual Dating
Supreme Сasual Dating