B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

New Audi A4 Owner. Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:51 AM
1st Gear
Default New Audi A4 Owner. Question.

Good Morning to everyone on this awesome site!

---SKIP TO THE BOLD/HIGHLIGHTED LINE IF YOU WANT TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE QUESTIONS---

I am new here, so sorry if I am in the wrong place. I will make this quick, and short. Just a few questions for those Audi masterminds out there.

Recently graduated from school, and got myself an amazing job that I am very lucky to have. I began saving my money for a home or a sweet car.

After getting a raise, I decided to go shopping. I am in Northeast Ohio, and there is a brand new Audi Dealership around here. 10 Million Dollar Facility.

New Audi and Used Car Dealer in Mentor | Audi Mentor

I wanted a certified pre owned, as I could not afford the repairs on these things. I also could not afford new. My max price range was $26,000.00

After a month of looking at BMW's, Infinity's, Mercedes, Cadillac, and Audi's, I knew I wanted an Audi. Great cars.

START READING HERE TO GET TO THE GOOD STUFF
I found myself a 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with the Premium + Headlight package. It had 32K thousand miles, and already had the 35K mait. Done.
I drove it and fell in love. I had only driven one other 2009 A4, no warranty, 55K Miles. This 2012 blew it away. This one has new tires, and brakes.

When it came down to numbers, this car was originally listed for 29,990, and was marked down 5K to 24,990. After haggling for one hour, I got the dealer to saying they would let me drive away for 26,500 out the door (Taxes, Fees, Typical BS)

I left, and 3 days later, the car was reduced another grand. The list price was now 23,990. I went in, and bought the car for $23,750.00
After taxes and fees I believe it was $25,500.00
I put 15,000 down, and financed 10,500 @ 5.49% (Being younger, I have little vehicle credit)
After Interest the car comes to a total of $27,000.00 Good amount for what it is, but hey, I am happy.

Payments are 205 ish for 60 months. I plan to pay off within the next 6 months, I hate debt.

OVERALL, I have now had the vehicle for one week, and I have 1 complaint, which is why I am here. FYI I am a very picky person. Otherwise, I love the car and I plan on owning an S4 or A6 by 2017.

#1) My engine temperature gauge falls from the normal middle, thicker line to the next line down. My morning commute is about 20 minutes, along 2 highways. My vehicle warms up to the middle, bold line. If I stop my vehicle, let’s say arriving at work, the temp gauge, after 2-5 minutes, will fall to the next line down. I will say this is the 1/4 mark. 0/4 being bottom, 2/4 being the middle, bold line.

Refer to this link for a picture of what I am talking about. This is a photo taken after the car was running and driving on the highway for 20 minutes, and then stopping at a light, still in drive on the road. It’s a bit strange. https://i.imgur.com/BzZpKKa.jpg

I asked my car salesman, and he has told me anywhere in between 1/4 and 2/4 is "normal operating temperature" and I should not be concerned. So I ask you Audi experts, should I be concerned?

Thanks for reading through this, I really appreciate your time. Otherwise, did I do well? Do you guys think I made the right moves price and decision wise? I basically dove head first into this. Any suggestions for the future? Thanks a ton,

Mike

Old 02-18-2015, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

Hey, Mike. I think you posted this twice and I already answered. Nice use of highlighting and color. Good for you getting a great job. Here was my answer --
"I have three Audis and they all run dead-center on the gauge under normal conditions. In very hot (summer) weather, in traffic, they go a bit above like you show. But as soon as I start moving again, down to center."

As far as price. I think you did very well. I paid $17.7k for a 2011 Premium+ with 99k miles last September. But it had the MT6 I wanted and those are tough to find. 6K less for 32k miles sounds great. Being a SW MI resident who also lived in Toledo for 3 years, you made the right choice for a ride that will you get you through our balmy winters.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

Hey ppogal,

Thanks for the response, I did post this in a few area's, as I needed a fast answer.

The car is going in for this issue on Monday, as its now actually getting worse, and the only way I can get my gauge up is by going 90mph+ on the highway, and then once I slow down, it begins to fall again. Also losing all heat now.

On the price, thank you, I appreciate it. I fought tooth and nail with those guys and I think I did a decent job. I plan on in about 2 years trading this A4 in, and getting an S4 or A6, if I am still impressed with the Audi's.

Mike