Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

CarFAX is best for Canadian Vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Default CarFAX is best for Canadian Vehicles?

Hi,
I put a deposit on a 2003 A6 2.7T with 6spd. I love the car but I have some concerns about the private sale because it is an estate sale. So the ownership name does not match the check name. Ownership is aready signed by the executor.
I have seen some documentation (parts of the will, Ontario used car package)and been at the benificary's house etc. But I think I need to do a car title check. This is a Canadian Car so I was wondering What is my best choice in doing a title/acident lookup. Would CarFAX be good even though it is U.S? Is there a better service for Canadian Cars?

I have the VIN number.
WAULD54B93N071213

If all goes well I will pay the balance and be looking for local Audi A6 clubs....

Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Default RE: CarFAX is best for Canadian Vehicles?

according to the carfax (and autocheck) websites, both services work for vehicles made for canadian and US markets, searching both canadian and US DBs. So it should work out just fine.

I was wondering the same thing, so i read up on the websites.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Be careful with CARFAX, I recently came across an A6 at a dealer that had a clean CARFAX history but had been in multiple accidents (according to the insurance carrier who had the policy on the car at the time). Most car dealers in Ontario useCARPROOF or the UCDA Autocheck to get the history on a car. They seem more comprehensive and catch things that CARFAX doesn't. Visit the dealer you will be servicing the car at and see if they will run the VIN for you on either or both for a couple of $.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info, I little late for me but still usefull to others. I also has the local dealer do a check (free) and it came out clean. Ended up buying the car. They also game me the missing radio code for free too. I'm bringing it in monday for a end of warrenty check.