Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

abs sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Default abs sensor

[sm=smiley25.gif]I recently had a cv boot fixed. about 20 miles after i got it back my brake light went on so i put brake fluid in, light went off. 20miles later the light went on again so i put more fluid in, the third time i brought it back to my machanic. yep they didn't hook something up right so they fixed it. about 40 miles later the brake peddle went to the floor with out stopping the car. I brought it back to my machanic he said i needed to replace the abs sensor unit? does anyone know if one could have anything to do with the other? any information would help, thanks.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: abs sensor

That does not sound right! Maybe the abs controller is leaking but not the sensors.

If you need a controller call Chris Semple at Force Five Auto in Concord NH 603-223-6700 and see if he has a good used one - He does not diagnose but if you know what you need he'll give you the best prices on used, rebuilt and new. I usually follow his recomendations -- He ships UPS --