Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

throttle cable problems HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Default throttle cable problems HELP

hello all...

i'm hav'in some real issues here ...

the problem is with my g/fs 1986 4000 non turbo ATX

as far as we can tell she broke the Throttle cable...if you push the pedal down theres no response on the throttle .

i've orderd 2 different parts from 2 different companys and looked at many more online and none of them seem to match the the one listed for the non turbo ATX is WAY too short and had the wrong end at the throttle body end....

i dont' know what else to do i can't jsut find one of these in teh junk yards here and none of the parts ppl even the audi dealers can come up with the right part..

am i missing somthing about the trottle cable/linkage on these cars. i can get a pic up later of the cable and it's end at the throttle body .. but a short desc. is it has the usual brass ball as alot of throttle cables do adn that retains a spring thats about 1" or so long followed by a screw in cap (that screws into a housing that is again about 1" that is attached to the throttle body cam) after the cap is some shething then the threaded part that mounts to the motor and keeps the cable in it's place...

i hope that makes some sence

|| _ __ __
vvTHROTTLE BODY__|| / |___||
O-/////////////--\\\| |--=======================||////| |==================>>>>IN TO CAR TO GAS PEDAL
|_| \_| | _|

yeh thats a getto drawin but it s the best i can do with what i got