Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2011 Chip question from someone who knows little

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
1st Gear
Default 2011 Chip question from someone who knows little

So I have a brand new 2011 A4 that I was considering chipping. Here's the deal though - I know NOTHING about this type of stuff. Not into mods or shows or any type of racing scenes. And I don't want to build my car into something it's basically not already. Quite simply, i love everything about the car except that damn turbo lag during acceleration. I dislike the car's initial response to punching the gas. Is this something that will be improved by a chip at all?

Additionally, my concern is that chipping a brand new car will have adverse long-term effects or possibly put my warranty in jeopardy if things start going wrong, whether it has to do with the chip install or not. Will it hurt gas mileage? (Though i've heard it might actually improve).

Do people even chip brand new cars?

A lot of questions, I know. But I imagine that someone's knowledgable analysis of my situation might just answer them all at once. As I mentioned, I know nothing about this world and would greatly appreciate feedback from people who know this world and could give me some insight into this process. APR is having a sale and the mods are affordable to me. I just want to know if it's worth the money or if i'm just flushing it away on something that either won't help solve my primary concern, or something that will cause me problems later on.

Thanks for bearing with me and apologies for the long-winded question. HELP!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

You could always look around on different websites that do have chips for your car and email them or call them with your concerns.

a couple of these questions I had my self when I first bought my car. I have a APR flash and according to them their flash's are "firewall-ed" meaning its not detectable or cant be changed/modified unless their doing it so my warranty wouldn't get effected since they wouldn't know it was there. I still have not yet been to Audi so idk if thats even real or not.

My cars gas mileage has not changed from what I noticed, I only have a mild tune, its their Stg 1+ and idk how far your willing to go but I don't think gas mileage is going to drastically change if you go with a good company that has made chips and flash's for Audi's and have experience with them. My response in turbo lag has not changed much and im not going to notice much change on a k03 anyways, There is still lag but instead of only going to 10PSI it hits 20PSI then tapers. Idk the specific car you have but I don't think much will change but it all depends on how far you go. They do offer products other then chips or flashs that improve throttle response on DBW cars. Long term effects are also depended on how extreme of a chip you get, obviously from a trusted company their not going to destroy your car, most companys use mild setups.