Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

advices for tcm searches

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
1st Gear
Default advices for tcm searches

i recently changed new tranny on my 2002 a6 quattro 3.0 because i thought it was at fault, same problems occurred with new tranny. this is a third replacement already, second time was done else where before i bought the vehicle. any ways, further into my diagnostics i discovered my tcm was wet due to moisture built up. therefore my tcm needs replacement. i am looking for new tcm and my questions are:

with different tranny on vehicle, does it matter in terms of searching for new tcm, if does, what consideration am i looking for? do i look for tcm with serial on tranny or serial on tcm unit? in terms of programming, if i cant find matched serial tcm, does it needs programming and if i am lucky to find exact serial tcm do i still need to program?

i called the parts supplier where i bought the tranny, and they don't have that tcm any more from the vehicle where they took out the tranny that was sold to me.

thanks for your advices
Brian