Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Audi A3 Tdi DSG Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A3 Tdi DSG Problems

Hi,

My name is Simon and I am new to this site looking for help please. I have an 2004 Audi A3 TDI DSG that recently had one injector replaced as it was showing faulty and the turbo was showing as over boosting so it was removed and cleaned by my local garage with innotec cleaner. The car has done 114K with full history but now has a problem of when you are driving the car it loses its revs in drive and just goes to idle, if you let your foot off the accelerator the power comes back after a couple of seconds or you can put it into neutral as its an auto and put it back into drive and the power comes back. It does not show any warning lights on the dash and no codes come up on the diagnostics. This only started after one injector was replaced so we are unsure if it could be connected. We have been to a few garages and nobody can seem to resolve this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Engine Noise

engine noise could be related to new injectors, I know the piezo PD injectors were having problems but since those cars were never sold in North America I don't know the details of any recall

Major noise/vibration at 1200-1500 rpm (shakes the car). <---this is not normal.

black fuel filters are normal in PD engines. There's a little leaking by the injectors which contaminates the fuel rail. However, there's an abnormal condition where the injector bore wears and there's a loss of compression out the widened hole.

Lastly, PD engines are known for camshaft wear, see FAQ for details.