Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

looking for a system to allow me to tune the car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

What have you figured out? I am looking for something similar

Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crassfab
What have you figured out? I am looking for something similar
found lemmiwinks program.
http://www.ecodetuning.com/revo/Lemmiwinks.exe

i dont know what hardware is needed for this.

i have only found APR but it seems kinda beginner.
i know unichip should work as i do unichip all the time on other makes but i wanted to see if anything else is out there.

what are you planning on doing?
are you going to tune it yourself?

Last edited by 949; 06-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

Im looking to make 325-350 hp ...same issue apr has little to none for adjustments.... im thinking overbore to 2.0 or. 1 whatever ... frankenturbo... inj??? Can a sfac be used on top of apr flash???? And yes Tuning myself as in finding a reputable awd dyno

Last edited by crassfab; 06-25-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

whats your thinking if you do the overbore?

which sfac are you thinking of?

also what do you mean " reputable awd dyno"?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Sfac im not sure the ones i have used before intterupt the tps signal but i dont know that there is such a thing available for dbw... im thinking no replacement for displacement and a bigger turbo.. would like more grunt off the line i would b fine@ 320 hp with more grunt... and reputable as in having tuned a couple audis got good numners and doesn't have a track record of blowing motors.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crassfab
Sfac im not sure the ones i have used before intterupt the tps signal but i dont know that there is such a thing available for dbw... im thinking no replacement for displacement and a bigger turbo.. would like more grunt off the line i would b fine@ 320 hp with more grunt... and reputable as in having tuned a couple audis got good numners and doesn't have a track record of blowing motors.

i meant which brand of sfac?

yes dispacement i agree but it would need to be significant, but it doesnt matter that much if you do little. on top of that if your boosted, it doesnt really matter as much compared to spending that money on a better/bigger turbo. also doing crank is better than just doing bigger bore.

do you mean you tuning and having reputable numbers or the dyno has had good tunes?

or someone else who tunes had good numbers on their dyno?

or the dyno tuned itself and got good numbers?
not sure what your saying?
( are you saying your a tuner?)

Last edited by 949; 06-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Hahaha ... whos on first? Lol... im not looking for off the shelf tunes ... i want to physically set the fuel and timing maps based off of dyno pulls and monitoring egts, wideband, ... and other parameters ... i guess im a tuner even though i dont like that it implies flat brimmed hats big sunglasses and a haircut that looks like a jap anime character... i do have a boosted crx i do have a turbo 300z ... i do work on alot of jap cars. But i also have a Cummings diesel and a 55 ford , my first bike was. a 1960 triumph pre-unit chopper and i love my Audi's!!! I dont know how to tune on a dyno but i do know how to street tune with apexi sfac ... i want to build a custom manifold imtake and exhaust and i will need a dyno and full control of the ecu to accomplish that correctly. Or at least find out if the intake is working .... yeah it doesn't add much but it does add spool up a couple hundred rpms quicker... are you speaking of an aftermarket crank or the stroker kit? I was planning to have mine balanced at the least.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

stroker kit is what i was aiming at.
it sounds like you have money and are going all the way.
Stroker can help with more V.E. but boring a little wont be enough with a turbo set up.

it sucks that only japanese cars have anything decent for tuning.
bmw, audi, mercedes have little to nothing on tuning systems.

apexi is the only system that comes to mind when you speak of sfac.

i dont like steet tuning at all. it doesnt work that well like a dyno tune.
the car can get more power on a dyno vs. a street tune. (butt dyno/street tunes dont work yeild max potential.
do you have any places that you use or plan on using for their dyno?

i am looking to rent a dyno but most dont like to rent them out or if they do they are super expensive.

Last edited by 949; 06-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

I dont have $$$ but the owner of the car does.... thats why i have a race prep shop... i cant afford the ballin cars but i can build them and fix them so i still get to drive them... as far as being against street tune... im not so against it... swisher street tuned a buddy of mines evo ... 9 sec 1/4... he still holds the record for evo on street tires i think ...dave sutton if u wanna search for it... the dyno gives u a hp # but street Tuning is a better representative of actual load Force... and apexi select.... audi / vw specific sfac for dbw.... and there isnt much out there but it looks like eurodyne mastreo 7 is the way to go... thats what im getting .... talked to a guy in pa has a dyno shop and does audi but no awd dyno but he did enlighten me on eurodyne... mastreo is full adjustable can turn off obd2 readiness, 2nd o2 sai all the good stuff it looks like, and you can use any of eurodynes off the shelf maps for base maps we have been going to slowmotion in Columbus but i dont know that he will do an audi... it looks like eurodyne base map and wideband street tune for me... with a gt28 or equal gtx maybe rods, 630 inj, atp manifold ... i have had to dial back my hp goals to 275-300 to afford the carbon hood,trunk and splitter with. A body kit and repaint... im doing good so far ... he was thinking 20g i quoted him 17 last night ..... we will see how fast the $$$ rolls in..

Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

ill check out mastreo 7. let me know if you got any info on it. i dont know anything about it as of now.

i hope its good. but also i dont like standalone units for street use.

i guess everyone has their opnion on the way they like their tune. lol.

...but if anyone was to ask me i prefer a dyno. the dyno is the only way to get real load at a certain rpm/mani values. no way a street run optimaize for that all the way through a fuel or ignition map. now if your thinking about the upper map set then you might be able to get a little bit out if it but not as precises as a dyno . street is only to fix any thing that might not give a smooth run for drivability.

btw im not here to persuade anyone,to each their own, im only here to find which type of tuning software and hardware is there for the audi.

Last edited by 949; 07-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.