Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2009 Audi A3 2.0T Base Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:59 PM
1st Gear
Default 2009 Audi A3 2.0T Base Electrical Issues

I know this issue may have been touched on previously but I wanted to state my issues to see if anyone can do their best to diagnose what the issue may be.

About two weeks ago, I got an indicator stating that my front right headlight went out. I changed that and have had no issue with it since. A month after that another indicator warned of one of my left taillight bulbs went out. I also noticed my third break light (LED) went out.

I took the car to the dealership for an oil change and they told me the ballast needed to be changed as it was melted. Two weeks after that, I had another indicator that one of my right taillight bulbs went out.

I took my car to get an alignment and wheel hub assembly installed and the mechanics changed the taillight bulbs for me and they worked fine but the same day I noticed my horn didn't work. I took my car back to them same day thinking they may have accidentally disconnected the horn. They looked it over and said they didn't and showed me that the fuse for my horn was melted inside the fuse box. They said there was an overabundance of voltage going to the fuse but there was no power to the horn itself. (???)Later while driving my right taillight bulb went out AGAIN!

Today, I noticed my steering wheel controls (volume, voice control, etc.) and my paddle shifters stopped working. I don't know what's going on but I want to avoid an expensive search for problem.

Can anyone help??????

Last edited by Plane_Smart; 03-07-2016 at 02:28 PM.