Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Flasher issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Flasher issue

Hi there all,

New to the site and after a little advice. I own a Y reg A3 nothing flash but have an issue with the indicators. The hazards work fine but the indicators will remain on solid for both right and left sides. Would this be a relay issue, if so where can I find the indicator relay?

Many thanks Dark

Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Administrator

The relay is built into the hazard switch. Replace that and you should be ok.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:50 PM

Where is the flasher (turn signal) relay in a 2009 A4 Avant? Below is what I have done so far. I have a 2009 A4 Avant that indicates the classic problem of the turn indicators not functioning when the stalk is moved to the turn position. None of the indicator lights (inside or outside) illuminate and no clicking noise is heard. The "classic" test is to determine if the hazard flashers work and they do. It seems though that there may have been a change and the relays have been relocated. I removed the hazard flasher switch in combo with the passenger air bag disabled light and completely disassembled the part down to the circuit PWA looking for the relay switches in an attempt to locate and clean them as suggested by others with older model Audi's. They were not there so I put it back to together and tested. Same problem and no new symptoms! The owners manual is no help on location and these forums have no apparent information on this model with this issue. Can you direct me to a resource or techie who might be able to provide some insight?