Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HD radio sounds bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default HD radio sounds bad

I would like to hear from someone else who has the B&O sound system with HD radio. Overall I think the B&O system is fantastic. However, the FM channels that broadcast in HD sound so bad that I have to turn the HD option off to even listen to them. To my ears it sounds like all of the bass is turned down and the treble turned up. It is a very brittle, hissy sound. If I turn the HD option off, the sound immediately warms up and the stereo field spreads out. In other words, it sounds like a normal FM station again. Every other facet of my B&O system is great. The iPod interface, CD, SD cards, Sirius XM radio, they all sound fantastic. The HD radio simply sounds terrible.

Obviously, there are a lot of things to like about my '11 S5 Cab. But when you spend 70+ on a car, you expect everything to function properly. I would love to hear from someone else who has the same sound system I do and can either concur or disagree with my opinion of the HD sound.