Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HELP!! Re i pod & a chorus 2nd generation radio with 1 x cd player (not a multi)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM
1st Gear
Question HELP!! Re i pod & a chorus 2nd generation radio with 1 x cd player (not a multi)

I am getting completely confused with the ipod/mp3 and radio systems and if anyone can help - great! I've a 2010 A3 cabriolet with a chorus 2nd generation radio and i pod attachment area located in the glove box.

I've established I will get an i pod to replace my MP3 player as I can't control the MP3 player automatically via the radio system - so that's fine.

Where I'm stumbling over is if I get an i pod am I going to be able to use it normally on a chorus 2nd generation radio which has an i pod device in the glove box? I keep reading that once the i pod is inserted you can control it like a 6 cd changer - but does that mean I will need a radio with a 6 cd changer attached already so when the i pod is inserted I will be able to control it this way or because I only have 1 x cd unit/player will the i pod not be recognised and leave me with the same problem as if I had an MP3 player where I can't control it other than by hand?

The manual is of no help at all!!
Any info would be really welcome, thank you!

Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

To connect my iPod to the stereo system I bought AUX Link car adapter. Almost one year ago. Totally satisfied. Perfect sound, no technical problems so far. I think it's the best replacement for standard stereo system. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any specialized workshop you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Besides you can control the playback using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car acoustics system. Highly recommended.