Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How can I adapt the Shark Fin (B7) to aftermarket Nav/Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 06:48 PM
1st Gear
Default How can I adapt the Shark Fin (B7) to aftermarket Nav/Sirius

'06 A4. Wife's car, I put an Eclipse Navigation unit w/ its matching Sirius box into it a couple years ago.

Nav GPS is reception is alright, Sirius reception is sketchy at best. I've put off fixing it (amazed my wife hasn't complained more), but want to now. Both pucks are mounted on the dash next to the A-pillar...an install I've done before with success but not so much on her car. I've already replaced the antenna and Sirius tuner (for reasons other than this) without improvement.

I want to use the Shark Fin. Stock the car didn't have Sirius but I did add a Sirius tuner to it when she first got the car prior to installing the nav/aftermarket Sirius, so for all purposes this is a factory Sirius/non-Nav car. The Eclipse nav uses a standard GPS antenna connector as does the Sirius using the generic antenna connector.

What adapter/harnesses do I need to make the Shark Fin work with these? I do not care about any opinions on installing the current Nav/Sirius antenna on the outside of the car or relocating them - I'm not doing it and want to use the Shark Fin.