Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Wiper Washer system dead Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
1st Gear
Default Wiper Washer system dead Audi A4

Hi all this is my first post on here so hello to all

This forum has been a great help to me in the past, but have not managed to find a solution on here to my current problem.

Car is Audi A4 2002 Avant and the wiper washer system is completely dead, was working fine last night and this morning nothing. Front wipers wont work on any setting, front washer pump does nothing no water sprayed on screen, Rear wiper does nothing, and rear washer pump dead as well no water sprayed on screen.

Checked 30amp and 25amp fuse for wiper system and washer pumps both ok

Connected to VCDS Lite, fault code given 01759 winsheild Motor Stage 1 open or short to ground

Went into measuring block for wiper stalk and it is communicating with bus showing each setting on stalk and all buttons on stalk OK

I am confused if it was just wiper motor this surely wont knock out front and rear wipers and both water pumps for front and rear wash at the same time

Everything else electrical works fine, indicators, lights etc,

Look forward to hearing from you all

Thx Jim

Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
1st Gear
Default J519 Power Control Module

Hi all no replies yet but I have done a bit more Research online

This is what i turned up with google,

The Wiper stalks and its buttons sends its signals to the steering wheel module

This then sends information via the cars databus to the power control module (J519) Pin outs for this can be found online

This module located behind the panel under steering wheel, (Silver box underneath relays can be seen through gap above fuses in main fusebox), then controls the washer motors and washer pumps, its also responsible for turn signals, horn, lights and many other of the cars functions

Does the J519 operate the wiper washer system directly or does it communicate with another control module.

I have noticed that some VW and audis have J400 wiper washer control module integrated within the wiper motor. Does My audi have this

Hope this may give someone some idea as to what the problem is, if my car has the J400 then i gues its a new motor for me

Thx again Jim